Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jimmy Jackson

I for one would welcome him back, no question.

To be honest, whether he stays at Dagenham next season depends on whether he would be willing to give up his farming I suspect. Not all players want to become full-time, after all - that's the reason why we were able to sign Mooro, who didn't want to become a full-time player at Borgchurch.

Admittedly, that's a tough one - Skinner would definitely be preferred at left-back, but I still feel that Jacko would be pushing Drury for the left-midfield slot.

Also, talking of Mooro and full-time football...

Look here

Heard that interview from Chris Moore on RK this morning - not surprised really - it is a big step for all concerned - after all football is short term and many players have careers (as opposed to just jobs) outside football;, that they would be reluctant to sacrifice.

As Mooro says - if it could ever be workable (and I suspect it couldnt) - having part time status with extra training sessions would potentially be the best route, as it allows you to keep players such as Chris, who may otherwise be lost to the club, if it goes full time.

Quote:
jc said:
Admittedly, that's a tough one - Skinner would definitely be preferred at left-back, but I still feel that Jacko would be pushing Drury for the left-midfield slot.

Drury can play with equal effect on both sides of the pitch, and if we can keep Ben Walshe then don't feel we need him in midfield, but we definitely need competition for the left back slot, where we only have Skinner who is a natural in that position.

This season we have been unable to sign some players because of our part time status, it would be a shame if we lost any players purely because the club has ambitions of becoming full time professionals.

If we do go full time then we may be able to attract some new players who would not consider signing a contract with a part time club. I can't see any reason why players who do not wish to play full time cannot play alongside them. The team should be picked on merit, if you are good enough you play if not you don't.

• 2 years later...

Quote:
But what if we find ourselves in trouble, things don't go as planned, we can't attract those palyers due to other reasons, where do we go from there

I think this coming season we will find out which way it will go. ie whether we can attract them ( ie sufficient good full time players on a limited budget)

Buckle yourself in , it may be a bumpy ride. But I think it will be exciting.

Up the Fleet

Quote:
Slartibartfast said:
This season we have been unable to sign some players because of our part time status, it would be a shame if we lost any players purely because the club has ambitions of becoming full time professionals.

If we do go full time then we may be able to attract some new players who would not consider signing a contract with a part time club. I can't see any reason why players who do not wish to play full time cannot play alongside them. The team should be picked on merit, if you are good enough you play if not you don't.

Some superbly astute comments here that still ring true two years down the line.