Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hoping to find a cure for Cancer.

Cheers U.B and everyone who has sent a pm or similar message on here.

It is not good news, the leak from the tissue in the lungs means now he has been sedated and put to sleep, yesterday we were told 2 days sedation, last night phone call told 4 days sedation and now this morning saw the surgeon and they don't know could be days/ weeks / months of him being sedated. They say they are doing everything.

Usually the hospital dont phone you, but when they phone you at the weekend at 8am you know something is up.

They can not bring him out of sedation until the tear starts to respond to treatment, but they dont know how long this will take. We have been told he is now in the top Intensive Unit they have and obviously does not know that my mum, sisters and myself have been sitting their.

The surgeon has said that he is in serious danger and is now on thier critical list. He is wired upto a ventelator and has additional tubes and lines to the previous nine and is wired up to machines galore. Spent the whole day with Mum today by his side. Will see him again tomorrow.

Yesterday I still went out with the boys at Aylesbury away as it takes your mind off it for a while. I was up there Friday and today.

I just pray he will pull through this, but the surgeon said this is as bad as it gets.

I'll second that.

I've been reading the messages of support to you and your family on the message board and its amazing to see how many peoples lifes have been touched by cancer.

My father found a lump in his leg about 12 years ago. It turned out to be cancer. Back then it looked likely he would have to have his leg amputated, but he had a pioneering operation and his fine now (touch wood).

I've been a patient myself at the hospital in Whitechapel, although not for cancer, and i have nothing but praise for the staff there- a wonderful hospital, so your dads in good hands.

My thoughts and prayers are with you

Vic

All the best Mark. I went through it with my Mum and my Mother in Law, so I know how you're feeling !

Unfortunately the Cancer part of my Dad's Op has been put to one side, with the Kidney / Heart / Lungs / Chest problems, he has not been awake since Friday night, (2/4/4) we were suppose to be getting the results of the Stomach removal yesterday, but the Surgeon has now other concerns, you stare at the machines he is connected to and you listen out for any bleep or wavy line, though none of us know what we are looking for.

My mum is falling apart, I go up and sit with her every day (nearly) she is so frightened of getting another call, she has a shower at night, and then sleeps in her clothes incase they call her. She is not eating, take her out to get something during the day, but she picks at it.

Try to stay strong for mum and two sisters, but it is starting to wear me down. Friends say stay positive, but with everything that has happened I find it now hard to believe that this will be a happy ending, cant tell mum that.

Thanks to you all. Watching the Iron and being on the net (This Forum in particular) takes my mind off it for a while, but when you go to sleep, it goes round and round in your head.

Going back up in the morning.

went up the hospital this morning and my mum was given the news, we were dreading, my Dad's Dr has said they do not expect him to pull through this.

Ok deep down we may have thought it, but it is now said by them. (The Surgeon, Drs and Nurses)If they think it, well. They have said they will continue to do all they can.

We now only have the hope that they are wrong, we were talking to some relatives of some other man in the I.T.U and his family were told the same, he has come round, but he is in a bad way but he is still alive 3 weeks after they were told that.

My sister youngest is now keeping my mum company for the rest of today and my other sister is going up tomorrow. I plan to go back up Easter Sunday.

Life is [***!!***] [***!!***].