Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

tonights scores

old git

How on earth do Aldershot lose at home to Scarborough on Saturday, then go and win at Shrewsbury tonight ??? Thats football, I suppose, and virtually puts an end to Shrewsbury's hopes of automatic promotion, I guess. Indeed, they are even out of the play off positions now, albeit with games in hand, so Mr Quinn's going to be under real pressure.

At least the decision not to deduct points from Exeter has made things interesting at the top again, even if they potentially will still be barred from the play offs by virtue of being under a CVA (I dont think they've been able to change the rules on this??)

There was initially some confusion on this based on the reports I saw - hence my uncertainty. It was initially stated that , whilst the Conference had the ability to delay the introduction of the points deduction for clubs in CVA, nothing had been built into the rules to allow the Conference to withdraw the sanction that any club in CVA could not take part in the play offs. Clearly that situation has been revised.

Basically what they have done is to agree that the deductions for CVAs will be the same as the football league, which means that they will not start until the end of this season, so that it will only affect clubs going into Administration or a CVA during the close season or later.

Apparently, even if Exeter have to redo their CVA if they lose their court case with the Inland Revenue, it will not be treated as a new CVA, so it seems that they have got away with it.