Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Manny

jc

Was brilliant second half, as was Sidibe when he came on, excellent second half performance from the team. If we could get Manny and Sidibe signed up for next season i really think a playoff place would be within our grasp as these really are two fast quality football league standard footballers. Well done today.

Manny was my 'manny' of the match (ho ho!), but thought Perkins had a great first half in an otherwise scrappy first 45... although he did seem to hit the most optimistic of passes that somehow found a red shirt every time!

Could have won 4-0 in the end, but I'll settle for two. And I see Che's 'on fire' at Margate with his second goal in as many games. Whoopeee.

Unfortunately, we seem to have picked up a few injuries today - Manny has a slight pull, Moussa is suffering from his kicking from their players, as is Mooro (all according to Andy on RK).

Actually thought their guy was a little unfortunate to get a second yellow today - looked like Moussa almost brought it on himself with the clumsy challenge he made.

And despite the webmeisters concerns about Mr Yerby, I actually thought he had a decent game - all the bookings were basically unavoidable, other than possibly the second yellow for their guy.

Quote:
Alan W (GNFC) said:
Actually thought their guy was a little unfortunate to get a second yellow today - looked like Moussa almost brought it on himself with the clumsy challenge he made.

Still, before we feel too sorry for them - Tamworth were no doubt one of the worst teams to grace us this season. Nothing up front, expert diving (the best one being the 'I've been poleaxed on the halfway line even though there isn't a Gravesend player near me') - Tamworth were truly awful.

Although the sending off was very harsh, these things always even themselves out. Their number 4 should have walked for a 2nd yellow when he showed dissent by slamming the ball down in a temper.....

Got back from uni saturday morning to see my first fleet game for ages and was not disappointed. First half was a bit scrappy, and i began to wish i'd dressed up as a girl and got in for free. But the last half hour was the most entertaining half hour of football i've seen for a long time. Omoyimni was superb throughout the game- worked really hard off the ball, and on the ball his first touch was class, as were the touches that followed! When Sidibe came on and started overlapping manny, it was electric! Very unsellfish of sidibe to lay the ball across the goal for roy as well - can't believe he missed!

Nobody had a bad game, Moore again was solid, and his injury was a result of a typically brave challenge.

P.S. i thought Ben Surey did a good job when he came on too. Looks like we've picked up a couple of injuries, as is inevitable at the end of the season, so i think it's quite reassuring to have Surey in the squad.

I have to admit I was a very worried man some 3 or 4 months ago,and i really did have my doubts about Andy Ford,maybe ,like a lot of managers he'd gone as far as he could.

Now you may well point to the fact that where I now live I can't get to see as many games as most of you guys,I have a number of friends who go regularly to games,so I use them as a sounding board and to a man they were just as concerned as I was.

In the past Andy had a tendency to seek out young up and coming talent (very commendable),and seemed not to go for too many obvious signings of older experienced players looking for another rest home.

As has been stated before we lost some good players in the close season,and their replacements didn't look up to the job,the frustration we supporters felt must have been magnified for Andy as he was obviously keen to strengthen the squad,but with little money and not being the most glamorous club in the Conf;he was hamstrung,now with money available he has made some astute signings.

I can't deny I thought we could well be for the drop this season and i'm pleased that Andy has proved me wrong,thats what I wanted him to do in the first place,but i'm not going to crawl back under a stone just to satisfy anyone feeling smug out there,my fears were real and shared by many.

Having been a supporter for over 40 years i like everyone else only want success for the club.

Couldn't agree more Bloodnock. Several posts have been made over the past month or so in reply to similar smug comments (strangely made by those who also had doubts earlier in the season.) Can we now just get on and enjoy the rest of the season and a top half finish. Oh, and hopefully most of those concerned fans are still following the team week in and out. The club cannot afford to turn away support!

perhaps it might of had something to do with shearer and moore who realy did stop all there attemps to get near our goal i dont think i remember thier forward line winning one header this partnership is now starting to flourish along with the two fullbacks and wilko we are looking solid if we can keep them togeather we will really see the benifits next year