Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

The Programme

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
14 replies to this topic

offline Roy gnfc

Roy gnfc
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
It's improved over previous seasons,but why print the teams on the SHINY back page which won't take any sort of pen or pencil,to mark down who's playing,etc.Move it to either the 1st.or last page inside,or the centre pages.To late this year I suppose,but worth bearing in mind for next season.

offline chilled out entertainer

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
it does take pens, the old boy next to me sometimes notes down who is playing and scorers etc. like it on the back page, easy to look at when the tannoy team announcements are being made.

offline Paulo GNFC

Paulo GNFC
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Agree with Squawk but although the paper and picture quality has improved, I think the content could be improved.

offline Jimmy

Jimmy
  • First XI - Permanent
  • rank
There should be a list of all the players and their number of appearances in different competitions, goals scored, debut date, signed from - things like that.

offline behindthegoal

behindthegoal
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
It would also be good if all the results could be put in correctly (have a look to see if you can spot the mistakes/ommisions) and if a consistent approach to the home and away order of the reult could be taken eg always put our score first.

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
less adverts, more content.

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
And to really critical its Pinnock NOT Pennock!!!!!! although im sure Ade doesnt mind!!!!!!!!

offline carjam

carjam
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Whoever was behind the old 'No Idea' fanzine should have control of the programme. Who were they, where are they now and how about a new issue.

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Quote:
carjam said:
Whoever was behind the old 'No Idea' fanzine should have control of the programme. Who were they, where are they now and how about a new issue.

The slithery green Northfleet grapevine tells me a new NO IDEA, but in an online rather than print form, will be released in time for the new 2004-05 season.

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
Quote:
Richard C said:
And to really critical its Pinnock NOT Pennock!!!!!! although im sure Ade doesnt mind!!!!!!!!

i thought it was ade pennock, and james "diesel" pinnock? so wouldn't it be james who doesnt mind having his name wrong? I'm confused.

offline John@TheFleet

John@TheFleet
  • Reserves Coach
I know the club are often short of articles to put in the programme as we do not have a regular writing team as such. Some matchday magazines/programmes are superb (Exeter City springs to mind here) but it seems they have quite a few regular contributors. If someone fancies jotting a few lines down, say for instance, a fan's eye view of something, unusual occurance at a match, anything really, put in Word format and mail it to Glen Aitken. It's quite probable that it'll be used. I've only done it twice but it's actually quite satisfying to see something you've banged out after a couple of beers get into print. Also you have the smug satisfaction to know that people have paid good money to read it!!!!

offline carjam

carjam
I will bear that in mind John as I admit to being a non-buying programme person. One or two a season i find plenty as they are somewhat similar.

As for the 'No Idea' fanzine ..great news...it would be fine if it in someway could raise money for the club. Would that work on-line. Oh and you didnt say who was behind it...

offline Stu M

Stu M
Quote:
carjam said:

As for the 'No Idea' fanzine ..great news...it would be fine if it in someway could raise money for the club. Would that work on-line. Oh and you didnt say who was behind it...

Not quite sure how it could make money but all suggestions would be welcome... businesses could advertise on it, I guess, and we could then sponsor a player or something. Watch this space!

As to who was behind the fanzine... erm..., myself in a younger, former life!

offline carjam

carjam
Well Stu..it was excellent. I realise some articles were taken from other fanzines. Still though the quality was excellent. Funny, informative, and anti-strudwick.

So where did the money go last time. £1 a copy. I assumed that any profits (if there were any) went in some way to help the club.

The name could be a problem now. No idea was apt then. Not so now. If its aimed at the club. For the officials still fine. 'Some Idea'

offline Stu M

Stu M
Carjam, £1 a go barely covered the printing costs and in those days as a penniless student, I wasn't able to contribute any more than that. As I recall it cost about £160ish for 200 copies, and I wasn't always able to sell out, particularly as many were given away.

Printing costs (and time!) kind of prohibited further issues, which makes the online option much more attractive.

Name-wise, I think something along the lines of WhiteBucket might be in the offing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus