Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Programme

It's improved over previous seasons,but why print the teams on the SHINY back page which won't take any sort of pen or pencil,to mark down who's playing,etc.Move it to either the 1st.or last page inside,or the centre pages.To late this year I suppose,but worth bearing in mind for next season.

Quote:
carjam said:
Whoever was behind the old 'No Idea' fanzine should have control of the programme. Who were they, where are they now and how about a new issue.

The slithery green Northfleet grapevine tells me a new NO IDEA, but in an online rather than print form, will be released in time for the new 2004-05 season.

I know the club are often short of articles to put in the programme as we do not have a regular writing team as such. Some matchday magazines/programmes are superb (Exeter City springs to mind here) but it seems they have quite a few regular contributors. If someone fancies jotting a few lines down, say for instance, a fan's eye view of something, unusual occurance at a match, anything really, put in Word format and mail it to Glen Aitken. It's quite probable that it'll be used. I've only done it twice but it's actually quite satisfying to see something you've banged out after a couple of beers get into print. Also you have the smug satisfaction to know that people have paid good money to read it!!!!

I will bear that in mind John as I admit to being a non-buying programme person. One or two a season i find plenty as they are somewhat similar.

As for the 'No Idea' fanzine ..great news...it would be fine if it in someway could raise money for the club. Would that work on-line. Oh and you didnt say who was behind it...

Quote:
carjam said:

As for the 'No Idea' fanzine ..great news...it would be fine if it in someway could raise money for the club. Would that work on-line. Oh and you didnt say who was behind it...

Not quite sure how it could make money but all suggestions would be welcome... businesses could advertise on it, I guess, and we could then sponsor a player or something. Watch this space!

As to who was behind the fanzine... erm..., myself in a younger, former life!

Well Stu..it was excellent. I realise some articles were taken from other fanzines. Still though the quality was excellent. Funny, informative, and anti-strudwick.

So where did the money go last time. £1 a copy. I assumed that any profits (if there were any) went in some way to help the club.

The name could be a problem now. No idea was apt then. Not so now. If its aimed at the club. For the officials still fine. 'Some Idea'

Carjam, £1 a go barely covered the printing costs and in those days as a penniless student, I wasn't able to contribute any more than that. As I recall it cost about £160ish for 200 copies, and I wasn't always able to sell out, particularly as many were given away.

Printing costs (and time!) kind of prohibited further issues, which makes the online option much more attractive.

Name-wise, I think something along the lines of WhiteBucket might be in the offing.