Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 12-December 17 )

• Photo
    Hornet

• Photo
    Riversider

• Photo
    tigersfan

• Photo
    theboss

• Photo
    beatsurrender

• Photo
    ebbsfleet is for life

• Photo
    sportingevenings

Photo

Tonights Teams

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
43 replies to this topic

offline Paulo GNFC

Paulo GNFC
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Quote:
Alan W (GNFC) said:
Now Halifax 0 Burton 4 - Halifax really are on self destruct arent they ??

Certainly are this seasons Southport, they started the year on 36pts, just 1pt from 12 games. Whereas the Fleet have gained 24pts from 12 games this year. Damn good when you consider we only had 23pts from our first 24 matches this season.

Well done tonite lads and keep it going "7th" place finish is possible!!!

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
I'm not totally sure as to who is full time and who is part time - I reckon the following are results against fellow part timers :-

Aldershot - 1 point
Accrington - 1 point with away game to play
FGR - 4 points
Margate - 6 points
Scarborough - 1 point
Burton - the only side to do the double over us so far
Tamworth - 6 points
Halifax - 3 points
Farnborough - 3 points with home game to come
Leigh - 6 points
Northwich - 1 point with home game to come.

So thats 32 points from 19 games by my reckoning.

I've left Daggers out as they are part full time.

By comparison, against the other teams (the full timers), we have only 15 points from 17 games Includes the game against Daggers).

Really shows up the difference between full & part time doesnt it?

offline chris blanc

chris blanc
  • First XI - Permanent
how many of the points lost to the full timers were from games in the first 3 months of the season? I think that right now we're as good as any team in the conference

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Most of our points lost were in the first 3 months of the season, against both full & part timers.

The last 14 games (starting with Woking at home just before Xmas), have seen 8 wins, 4 draws and only 2 defeats - in that period, we are unbeaten away from home (6 games - won 4 and drawn 2). This gives 28 points from 14 games.

As noted previously, if this had been maintained through the season, that would give 84 points, which based on the table as it stands, would probably have put us second or third!! (Indeed, the Confguide table based on the period for 20 Dec to date, puts us third, behind only Hereford (33 from 15) and Chester (32 from 13))

Gives a real sense of anticipation for next season, doesnt it (if we can keep our squad together)?

We must also be top, or very close to top, of the current form table, having won 4 and drawn 2 of our last 6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus