Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

My little tribute

We have reached the magic point and we can enjoy the last few matches, with the comfort of our rightful position in the Conference.

When we all reflect on how disappointed we were at the start of the season, and especially that awful first half at Woking. Then all the flak that went Andy's way when we lost out on big signings, and he said we could not offer the money asked for by some players.

Well he was right, just take a look at Tamworth and Telford to name but two, all having real money problems. Both teams obviously did not have such sensible managers'as GNFC.

The differnece in the two teams on Sat, was that GNFC lads, were playing as a team, with great spirit as they have for most of the season, the Daggers lads were not even playing for themselves.

I am proud of the way Andy and all his staff have handled this season. The players, every one of them should be proud of what they have achieved.

Thankyou all so much for all the excitement and quality football you have provided for the fans this season. Let us all now watch the rest of the season, in full knowledge that we will be there again next season, cheering on the lovely lads in the only team I want to see play in RED, GNFC.

So true, Jess - my mind goes back to our first game back in the Conference last season at Yeovil - the comment in the press afterwards was something along the lines of "may not be the most skillful team in the league, but no side will outdo them for team spirit - they wear their hearts on their sleeves".

Think thats been oh so true again this year - with some skillful football thrown in along the way as well.

It really is amazing how having high confidence gives you the upper hand. Daggers gave up after the second goal! Also Roy Essandoh is looking so good. 6 goals now and not only does he score but he always seems to know where everyone is and his passes are almost always perfectly placed. That said the whole team is looking fantastic and with most of these back next season I feel we can go a long way.

C'mon the reds.

Couldn't agree more.

Saturday's performance was fantastic.

Since Moussa, Manny and Roy have been with us, we have been a team transformed.

Truly great build up for Washe's first goal.

The other new boys looked good as well.

All looks good for the Fleet.

Bring on Telford and Farnboro - Happy easter!

the boys can be proud of themselves as much as the fans, 11th in the league 7 games unbeaten the future has never been so good. it ghas been a team meffort all round, team on the pitch and the fans in the stands all working as a unit. prdiction for next season......play offs at worst.

I have watched Fleet since 1967.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind this is the best Fleet team of all time - even the 79/80 team who came 6th in the Alliance.

My reason - apart from 3 or 4 team then the standard was pretty poor, all teams were part time and it showed.

the Conference is a really quality league boasting top footballers such as D'Sane, Challinor, McNiven (yes I know Leigh are crap!), Grazioli, Clare and so on.

The top 11 in this league would prbably do well in Div. 3 as has been evidenced by the Conference clubs who have done so well on promotion.

Keep up the good work, Andy, Ade, Brian and everyone else involved in the running of the club.I can't wait for my new season ticket.

true. but I will openly admit I cannot attend all games as I am a Gillingham season ticket holder. The Fleet are my second team. When Gills are away and Fleet are home I can attend. and don't criticise me for that when you support every team under the sun

I can remember a thread during our Ryman championship winning season, which debated whether that team was the best ever Fleet team. Many thought it was, but over the past couple of seasons we have raised the bar to a totally new level.

I have only been on and off the terraces since the mid seventies, and this team is certainly the best I can remember. Even tho' just thinking of the Kenny Burrett team of the late seventies feels me with nostalgia.

Well done to all, chairman, management team and players , and all those that give up their time to make this wonderful club what it is.

Lets just hope that this great season catches a few other peoples imagination in the area, and we can start increasing the fan base. That is the key to obtaining the next level.

After all the excitement , I am taking a well deserved break at the recovering Fleetaholics resting home to recharge my batteries and will miss the next few games, but I will be back for Stanley away.

Its great to go away knowing that we are safe..

Up the Fleet

Quote:
true. but I will openly admit I cannot attend all game as I am a Gillingham season ticket holder. The Fleet are my second team. When Gills are away and Fleet are home I can attend.

I think that the ' you have not seen them lately post' was refering to the USA based Fleet fan rather than yourself.

But how about giving up your Gills season ticket for next year , and converting to the Fleet. We may only be 2 divisions apart by then.

Quote:

But how about giving up your Gills season ticket for next year , and converting to the Fleet. We may only be 2 divisions apart by then.

I couldn't do that as I would be perceived to be a glory hunter. I have to stick with the team I chose I'm afraid. I'm pretty much hard-core Gills as went to 90% of games up until last two years now that I can't afford it, so I'm slipping. I'm personally hoping that next year the fixture list is such that Gills and Fleet play alternative weeks. But knowing the FA they won't be considerate and do that. I would like Fleet to suceed though and get into the league but don't steal anymore of our supporters - you've already stolen Mossey (a former gills season ticket holder).

Quote:
couldn't do that as I would be perceived to be a glory hunter. I have to stick with the team I chose I'm afraid. I'm pretty much hard-core Gills

Thats the first team I have seen converts to the mighty Fleet described as Glory hunters. Usually its perceived as being sad anoraked trainspotters. Things must be improving !!

Up the Fleet . Come on you glory hunters , get on board now and don't miss the boat...

This is for Chad, I wish the best of luck for Gills for the rest of the season and hope that they maintain their Division 1 Status. It must be a worrying time at the moment!. I think it is good for Kent to have a Club in the top flight.

I am a Fleet Season Ticket holder and lifetime supporter but I have spent many hours watching the Gills when fixtures allow.