Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

My little tribute

Quote:
Wobbly Wayne said:
Quote:
true. but I will openly admit I cannot attend all game as I am a Gillingham season ticket holder. The Fleet are my second team. When Gills are away and Fleet are home I can attend.

I think that the ' you have not seen them lately post' was refering to the USA based Fleet fan rather than yourself.

But how about giving up your Gills season ticket for next year , and converting to the Fleet. We may only be 2 divisions apart by then.

And he has only been watching the Fleet since 1967!

Quote:
Chad said:
I couldn't do that as I would be perceived to be a glory hunter. I have to stick with the team I chose I'm afraid. I'm pretty much hard-core Gills as went to 90% of games up until last two years now that I can't afford it, so I'm slipping. I'm personally hoping that next year the fixture list is such that Gills and Fleet play alternative weeks. But knowing the FA they won't be considerate and do that. I would like Fleet to suceed though and get into the league but don't steal anymore of our supporters - you've already stolen Mossey (a former gills season ticket holder).

I don't think any Gillingham fan could ever be called a glory hunter! As for not affording it, then make the Fleet a regular thing and make your money go further.

As for the fixtures, I think you'll find the FA have nothing to with it - more the football league committee & the conference committee doing their own thing.

As for stealing supporters - I think that both clubs have more to fear from all those nasty, greedy London premiership clubs.....

Fair enough but I'm not talking about years ago we're talking about now and this team is the best I've seen in 20 years of continual support. Every "older" supporter I speak to is of the same opinion, teams from way back occasionally showed glimpses but this team are top quality.