Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 22-August 17 )

• Photo
    joe12345

• Photo
    Number 10 scores goals

• Photo
    Cannon P.I

• Photo
    Harry Sullivan

Photo

Player Of The Season

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
9 replies to this topic

offline ronin

ronin
  • First XI - Permanent
How do you choose between Boylan the goalmachine or Potter the hero of the penalty shootout? If the award was given out after saturdays game who would you have picked?

Danny and Lee must be frontrunners for the award but i would also chuck in JK,Wardy,Mints,Greggers and if Gav hade been able to hold down regular place i think he would have had a shout.

offline Bluebird

Bluebird
  • Reserves
I can't really comment as i've seen 2 games this season, but Potters worked hard and kept himself in the team, there isn't really anyone to challenge Boylan very much in his position so i'd go for Potter.

offline CIFC - Y.A

CIFC - Y.A
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Lee I think deserved the award. Of course potter made a brilliant save, but the positioning of the wall on the free-kicks wasn't perfect...

offline Fat Boy Fat

Fat Boy Fat
  • Reserves
Lee Boylan is the best player in the league, but my player of the year would be Steve Ward, I thought he was magnificent on Saturday.

offline TACKLE1000

TACKLE1000
Said all season that Lee will probably get it but for me it's J.K. all the way

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Think it's going to be a toss up between Boylan, J.K and Danny for player of the year.

Boylan seems to get better and better each year and J.K has really made that ball winning midfield position his own with some combative performances.

offline Phil Old Boy

Phil Old Boy
Seems cruel to have to pick someone this season after such a great team performance.

If they could do any better, I believe that Boyly and JK have actually been better than last year with Minton still at the same high standard.

Since coming in, Gavin has been a force at the back and would be thereabouts had he played more of the season.

I would vote for Danny. He has been very commanding and has made some very important saves this year. Looking at the 4 league defeats, has only taken part in one.

offline TACKLE1000

TACKLE1000
Still think the one player that we've really, really missed, when un-available is J.K. At Stalybridge we were flat, didn't win anywhere near enough ball in midfield, and but for the strength of the defence could have lost. The replay on the tuesday with J.K. back, we were a totally different side, dominant in midfield with chances galore, and four goals. I think if there were a players player award then J.K. aka 'the quiet storm' would win it. Howevercan't see pass Lee with the young'uns voting for goals.Perhaps there should be a collective award, cos in my eyes they've all been superb!

CHEERS BOYS! YOU'VE DONE US PROUD!!!

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
I think Greggors deserves a mention as well. He has been awesome at times this year.

Up until a few weeks ago I would have said Dave Theobald would have been in contention. Might surprise a few people but think he has been excellent for us and has been a great signing. He's good in the air, reads the game well and looks comfortable on the ball. Only thing he lacks is pace.

Had a couple of dodgy games and Gav has come in and done very well.

offline TACKLE1000

TACKLE1000
YEP you're right Greggors as well. Still could've done with his presence on Sat. Will be an important player next year in the conference.

There i've saiD it. We will be conference next year. Don't anybody say i don't make predictions. From now on call me Gypsy Rose Tackle1K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus