Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dreamland

I see the Margate roller coaster ride has opened up again - Thanet District Council still not happy with the proposals for the Margate ground development.

Do a thousand or so plastic garden chairs from B&Q spread out either side of the pitch count as far as the Conference rules are concerned?

Bit of a gratuitous knock really, though, isn't it?

I thought Brian dealt with the hole in the roof situation during his recent interview, which was broadcast during the half time slot of one of our internet commentaries.

Possibly I'm too generous towards the current board, finding their approach pure Glasnost, compared with the "What right have they got to know anything?" approach of some of the directors we've had in the 33 years I've been following the Fleet.

EC

Words count for nothing on this one, actions speak louder than words, and for a long time now there has been no action. The football is class of that we cannot fault, all things look exciting for the future, the board may be doing their best for the club financialy and putting the playing squad first before the other things that need doing, and sound investment it may be, but the fact remains that the ground looks in need of some repair, hole in roof, advertising boards down, seats in the stand, so on this basis its fact not sarcasm. This is my opinion, it may not be others, but then thats life. in the end we all have one thing in common and thats the love for GNFC.

Money can only be spent once and I guess that at a crucial time the club had to get their priorities right and fortunately they chose to give Andy money for players. Would you rather have had the roof done and that money taken from the players' pot. Of course we all want to seen the ground improved and I don't doubt some of us will be given the opportunity to give up some spare time during the summer to help towards this end. I guess Margate fans would give a lot to have what we have and I am sure that our board are aware of what needs doing and no doubt it will be done when the money is available. It is a pity that Sky can't be responsible for the roof.

Unfortunately however well we do there will always be somebody somewhere to find something to complain about.

The football is class of that we cannot fault, all things look exciting for the future, the board may be doing their best for the club financialy and putting the playing squad first.

this is what i said, so no i would not sooner money was spent on the roof instead of the team.

I just wonder is enough being done to repair it!

May be free advertising for the roofer, but then what do i know i'm just a sarcastic man with the lowest form of wit, who has to complain about something.

I love your last paragraph Upfleet. I have a sense of humour and I think you deserve to get the last word between you and myself. I do agree with you that maybe free advertising for a roofer could be a bait. The only problem is are roofers in such short supply that they don't need work. It is probably still worth a try though.