Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

Canvey

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
12 replies to this topic

offline Andrewc

Andrewc
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
So, according to the report in today's NLP Jeff King says Canvey should have been promoted two seasons ago instead of the 'Fleet.

Time, as they say, will tell!!!!

offline Hirsty

Hirsty
  • First XI - Permanent
They would have been promoted a couple of years ago.....if they had won the league ! But they didn't!!!! so tough sh*t Mr King !

The table doesn't lie Brian !!!

Cheers,

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
Get used to it lads , its just another one of those managers, who makes excuses and puts us down when we whip thier arses lext season, we've had it all season so one more just adds to the list.

offline Jimmy

Jimmy
  • First XI - Permanent
  • rank
I wonder if he still has the "off" switch for the floodlights in the home dugout?

offline Hempstead Gaz

Hempstead Gaz
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I have never stopped hating Canvey - Burger King's comments in NLP justify my reasons.
Can't wait 'til they come here next year - another 4098????? crowd and hopefully live on SKY.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Crawley won again yesterday, while Weymouth, who have collapsed completely, lost - Crawley are now just 4 points away from clinching promotion (and potentially 3, given the respective goal differences)

offline carjam

carjam
I will be surprised if Sky decide to cover a 'Canvey' home game. Unless there has been an almighty change the conference wont want the ground up as an advertisment. Have they built any stands yet ?. Or is it still just those bus shelters.

offline chilled out entertainer

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
was he not talking about a fleet home game?

offline Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
Quote:
carjam said:
I will be surprised if Sky decide to cover a 'Canvey' home game.

I should think Canvey vs Woking is almost guaranteed to be televised.

offline meldrew

meldrew
  • Reserves
Reading the NLP report about Canvey just illustrates how ignorant Jeff King is,no wonder everyone hates them.I recall how pleased the Bedford supporters were when we deservedly won the Ryman.Roll on next season when we stuff them again!

offline jc

jc
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
Quote:
Squawkident said:
was he not talking about a fleet home game?

Home or away, I can't see Sky televising a game between us and Canvey. A lot of us might think it's a big game, given the race for the Ryman title between the two clubs, but in reality if neither of us are challenging at the very top of the table next year (which seems likely to be the case) I don't see why Sky would be interested.

However, if it were selected I wouldn't complain

offline EUFC FAN

EUFC FAN
I don't think Sky select matches based on local rivalry! If they did then they should have shown the Telford. Shewsbury game! Speaking to a Teford fan in the pub before the Teford game, they REALLY hate Shewsbury!!!

offline Gordon T

Gordon T
  • First XI - Sub
I might complain if it where selected, given that a lot of neutrals may think that because it is being shown on television there is no need to make the trip. However it is going to be two amazing games and i cant wait

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus