Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

Proths Signs On

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
34 replies to this topic

offline Paulo GNFC

Paulo GNFC
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
He signed during half time in front of everyone there today.

Great signing for us. Can't understand why he was only a fringe player at Canvey but who cares! Their loss our gain and at least we know Provs can hack it in the conference but can Canvey next season???

offline Bloodnock

Bloodnock
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Heard the rumour in the bar then saw him warming up with the team, it shows our intentions for next season,if only we could do the same with Manny, now that would be a coup.
I seriously doubt it will happen though as other wealthier league and non league clubs are bound to be queueing up.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
The problem with having Protheroe, is that Jeff kept playing him out of position. Prother's said himself when he joined you on loan that he prefer's to play right-back... Well, we don't play with 4 at the back so Jeff stuck him in central midfield, which was over-crowded with about 6 players playing for 3 places.

I'm sorry to see Prother's leave, I sponsored him this season at Canvey, and wish him all the best. His Father's a top bloke too.

Some fine goals I remember Proth's scoring...

- The Trophy goal up at Northwich after a long trek in Friday afternoon traffic.
- Scoring our 10th goal against Enfield in the same game with a stunning curler in the dying seconds.
- Plus numerous free-kicks...

Good Luck Prother's

See you next season hopefully!

offline smithyman

smithyman
  • Reserves
Let's give Andy Ford a real big well done for this one. He's not only managed to get Proths here on loan in the first place but as soon as Canvey released him he's done the business and snapped him up before anyone else. Sorry to the band but the on-pitch signing was the best thing that happened at half time yesterday.

offline jc

jc
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
Quote:
Riverview Supporter said:
Skins will be a good squad player to keep hold off , but I think this level is getting hard for him.

Can't agree with you there. I'd say Skins has been one of our best players this season - as mentioned in another thread, the defence improved greatly when he returned from his injury. Also, he has improved his disciplinary record this year.

As for Owen, I really hope he stays. Given that Andy has shown recently that he is willing to experiment (i.e. by giving Charlie Mitten a couple of run-outs), I'm a little disappointed that Rob hasn't been given a chance in the last couple of games.

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I agree about Skins. He's not always on top form and his discipline can be a bit a dodgy, but I think we miss him when he's not playing, and he's been a great servant for this club.

offline meldrew

meldrew
  • Reserves
Rob Owen was one of our most consistent performers in our Ryman championship year,and played really well at the start of this campaign.He has adapted well to conference football,and is well worth keeping for next season,unfortunately,I do not think big Francis Duku is up to it,and with Matt Lee covering the centre back position so well recently I feel we could release him and bring in cover for Skins at left back......Perhaps Jacko?

offline Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Skins is definately good enough and we have looked much more solid since he came back but everyone only keeps their place until someone better comes along.
If we hadn't got Roy Essendoh then Rob Howarth would have been a contender for player of the season. Rob Owen and Steve Perkins both played well when the team where playing badly but now dont make the starting lineup.

offline Nick Boy

Nick Boy
  • Reserves
Quote:
meldrew said:
I do not think big Francis Duku is up to it,and with Matt Lee covering the centre back position so well recently I feel we could release him and bring in cover for Skins at left back......Perhaps Jacko?

Is Duku out of contract, Jacko is ain't he

offline meldrew

meldrew
  • Reserves
I think Perkins is worth a place in the starting lineup,when he came on as sub on Monday he seemed to have a bit more time on the ball,and fed Mousse with some lovely passes out wide and we really started to threaten Farnborough:should have scored more goals really,goal difference could be important if we want to finish in the top ten!

offline Fleet fan

Fleet fan
He signed at half time on the pitch.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Well Done Mr Ford, it shows he knows a great deal more than a certain person the other side of the river Thames.

We learnt well in season one in the conference and in season two, once the players got to know each other, we just went from strength to strength.

Season two has moved us onto a different level more professional, more motivated and with great team spirit, well done to all the back room staff, coaching staff, Adrian and Andy.

Lets enjoy the last three games (more than we could last season)and build ready for next season.

Mr King will have a few lessons to learn, but wish Canvey Island FC well.

Keep On Supporting The Fleet,Home and Away.

Onwards and Upwards.

offline old git

old git
  • Reserves
i think the team really started to gel after the scarborough game,when we had that dodgy day lots of bookings 2 sent off the players left on the pitch really fought for each other. which joined 17 new people into a team and with the other added signings the spirit in the side has shone through from that day it has got better.

role on the L D V so we can show the 3rd division what we are about then they can all have an off day when they play the sh*** from the fleet

offline The Doctor

The Doctor
We already have cover for the left back position, which is Rousse. He seemed like a good player when he came on against Dagenham and looked like he can deliver some great crosses. I was looking yesterday, but i think skins' weakness is the fact that he always kicks long, even though his long balls are really accurate, it would be good to see him play some ball and combine with Walshe, Owen, Drury or however is playing on the left. He did this really well with Jacko in the Ryman winning season when we tearing teams apart left, right and centre. Also..did anyone notice in the reporter last week about Walshe wanting to sign?

offline John@TheFleet

John@TheFleet
  • Reserves Coach
I spoke to Ben in the bar on Monday and he seemed keen. Come on, sign him up!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus