Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Proths Signs On

Heard the rumour in the bar then saw him warming up with the team, it shows our intentions for next season,if only we could do the same with Manny, now that would be a coup.

I seriously doubt it will happen though as other wealthier league and non league clubs are bound to be queueing up.

The problem with having Protheroe, is that Jeff kept playing him out of position. Prother's said himself when he joined you on loan that he prefer's to play right-back... Well, we don't play with 4 at the back so Jeff stuck him in central midfield, which was over-crowded with about 6 players playing for 3 places.

I'm sorry to see Prother's leave, I sponsored him this season at Canvey, and wish him all the best. His Father's a top bloke too.

Some fine goals I remember Proth's scoring...

- The Trophy goal up at Northwich after a long trek in Friday afternoon traffic.

- Scoring our 10th goal against Enfield in the same game with a stunning curler in the dying seconds.

- Plus numerous free-kicks...

Good Luck Prother's applaus.gif applaus.gif applaus.gif

See you next season hopefully! icon14.gif

Let's give Andy Ford a real big well done for this one. He's not only managed to get Proths here on loan in the first place but as soon as Canvey released him he's done the business and snapped him up before anyone else. Sorry to the band but the on-pitch signing was the best thing that happened at half time yesterday.

Quote:
Riverview Supporter said:
Skins will be a good squad player to keep hold off , but I think this level is getting hard for him.

Can't agree with you there. I'd say Skins has been one of our best players this season - as mentioned in another thread, the defence improved greatly when he returned from his injury. Also, he has improved his disciplinary record this year.

As for Owen, I really hope he stays. Given that Andy has shown recently that he is willing to experiment (i.e. by giving Charlie Mitten a couple of run-outs), I'm a little disappointed that Rob hasn't been given a chance in the last couple of games.

Rob Owen was one of our most consistent performers in our Ryman championship year,and played really well at the start of this campaign.He has adapted well to conference football,and is well worth keeping for next season,unfortunately,I do not think big Francis Duku is up to it,and with Matt Lee covering the centre back position so well recently I feel we could release him and bring in cover for Skins at left back......Perhaps Jacko?

Skins is definately good enough and we have looked much more solid since he came back but everyone only keeps their place until someone better comes along.

If we hadn't got Roy Essendoh then Rob Howarth would have been a contender for player of the season. Rob Owen and Steve Perkins both played well when the team where playing badly but now dont make the starting lineup.

Quote:
meldrew said:
I do not think big Francis Duku is up to it,and with Matt Lee covering the centre back position so well recently I feel we could release him and bring in cover for Skins at left back......Perhaps Jacko?

Is Duku out of contract, Jacko is ain't he

I think Perkins is worth a place in the starting lineup,when he came on as sub on Monday he seemed to have a bit more time on the ball,and fed Mousse with some lovely passes out wide and we really started to threaten Farnborough:should have scored more goals really,goal difference could be important if we want to finish in the top ten!

Well Done Mr Ford, it shows he knows a great deal more than a certain person the other side of the river Thames.

We learnt well in season one in the conference and in season two, once the players got to know each other, we just went from strength to strength.

Season two has moved us onto a different level more professional, more motivated and with great team spirit, well done to all the back room staff, coaching staff, Adrian and Andy.

Lets enjoy the last three games (more than we could last season)and build ready for next season.

Mr King will have a few lessons to learn, but wish Canvey Island FC well.

Keep On Supporting The Fleet,Home and Away.

Onwards and Upwards.

i think the team really started to gel after the scarborough game,when we had that dodgy day lots of bookings 2 sent off the players left on the pitch really fought for each other. which joined 17 new people into a team and with the other added signings the spirit in the side has shone through from that day it has got better.

role on the L D V so we can show the 3rd division what we are about then they can all have an off day when they play the sh*** from the fleet

We already have cover for the left back position, which is Rousse. He seemed like a good player when he came on against Dagenham and looked like he can deliver some great crosses. I was looking yesterday, but i think skins' weakness is the fact that he always kicks long, even though his long balls are really accurate, it would be good to see him play some ball and combine with Walshe, Owen, Drury or however is playing on the left. He did this really well with Jacko in the Ryman winning season when we tearing teams apart left, right and centre. Also..did anyone notice in the reporter last week about Walshe wanting to sign?