Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

NLP's NGA Awards

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
10 replies to this topic

offline Graham S

Graham S
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
If you are reading this, the easiest way to vote is by email. This the address:

NGA@greenwaysmedia.co.uk

These are the categories relevant to us

Category One: Player of the Year

Category Two: Young Player of the Year (under 24 at season start)

Category Three: Manager of the Year

Category Four: Conference Player of the Year

If you have friends with mobiles but no computers, they can text their vote to 80088, message to read: NGA, space, category number as a word, further space, then name of person nominated. So if they wanted to vote for everyone on this forum's favourite manager, it would read; NGA Three Graham Westley.

I was amazed to find two of our players recognized as possible contenders for Player of the Year in Sunday's NLP, page 6. Has the non league game finally woken up to the fact that we have been the Conference's outstanding surprise since Christmas? I shall be voting for the player recognized for his "resolution at the back" for Player of the Year & putting the midfielder "with exceptional promise" down for the Young Player award.

Be warned, though. Your computer will self-destruct & take you with it, if you actually do vote for anyone connected with Westleyvenage.

Graham S

offline Jimmy

Jimmy
  • First XI - Permanent
  • rank
I too have followed the lead set down by Mr S.

offline FourFourTwo

FourFourTwo
  • Reserves
Aren't these awards a bit unfair? Surely clubs with the biggest fan base will sweep the board. Virtually all fans will vote for their own clubs players

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
And thats the way it has to be really as you cant have seen many teams players more than twice unless on sky aswell......

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
.....if the Sky factor comes into play then Woking will sweep the board!

offline Graham S

Graham S
They reply if you vote by email, so you know it's got through.

Obviously, only a bit of fun, really. Everyone's going to vote for people from their own team. I was just pleased the NLP bothered to give two of our players a mention. They review the potential managers this coming Friday. Be interesting to see if Andy Ford gets mentioned too. Can't see Mr Obnoxiousbastard - Westley getting one somehow. Badly under-performed this year, I'd say.

No mention of a closing date for entries, yet, so keep voting, people (without cheating of course, you naughty persons with more than one email address.)

Graham S

offline smithyman

smithyman
  • Reserves
If Andy or one of our players did win an award i suppose we'd have to put up with fans of other clubs accusing us of being too physical with the judges or cheating on the voting?

offline Bill Kent

Bill Kent
You old cynic Smithyman

offline Unrecognized Genius

Unrecognized Genius
Have just voted for Player, Conference Player, Young Player & Manager of the Season & sent a ready made copy & paste format to as many people I can think of who have a computer & at least a passing interest in the Fleet.

EC

offline Vera

Vera
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Have just voted re the above. Strangely my choices are all from Gravesend and Northfleet. Reply from them was instant. Hope lots of you have a go. I managed to do it, which proves how simple it is!! It could be another way of getting people to realize we do have a football team.

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
See todays edition of the NLP has an article written by Stuart Hammond on Manager of the Year, which actually gives Andy a big compliment.

"Fords achievement in taking Gravesend to 11th is remarkable. If the Fleet were an item of clothing, they would have been thrown out long ago, they are so unfashionable. But still Ford takes the 2001/2 Ryman winners to new levels".

Probably sums things up quite neatly - the allusion to the item of clothing is very true to many supporters of other Conference clubs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus