Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

NLP's NGA Awards

If you are reading this, the easiest way to vote is by email. This the address:

NGA@greenwaysmedia.co.uk

These are the categories relevant to us

Category One: Player of the Year

Category Two: Young Player of the Year (under 24 at season start)

Category Three: Manager of the Year

Category Four: Conference Player of the Year

If you have friends with mobiles but no computers, they can text their vote to 80088, message to read: NGA, space, category number as a word, further space, then name of person nominated. So if they wanted to vote for everyone on this forum's favourite manager, it would read; NGA Three Graham Westley.

I was amazed to find two of our players recognized as possible contenders for Player of the Year in Sunday's NLP, page 6. Has the non league game finally woken up to the fact that we have been the Conference's outstanding surprise since Christmas? I shall be voting for the player recognized for his "resolution at the back" for Player of the Year & putting the midfielder "with exceptional promise" down for the Young Player award.

Be warned, though. Your computer will self-destruct & take you with it, if you actually do vote for anyone connected with Westleyvenage.

Graham S

They reply if you vote by email, so you know it's got through.

Obviously, only a bit of fun, really. Everyone's going to vote for people from their own team. I was just pleased the NLP bothered to give two of our players a mention. They review the potential managers this coming Friday. Be interesting to see if Andy Ford gets mentioned too. Can't see Mr Obnoxiousbastard - Westley getting one somehow. Badly under-performed this year, I'd say.

No mention of a closing date for entries, yet, so keep voting, people (without cheating of course, you naughty persons with more than one email address.)

Graham S

Have just voted re the above. Strangely my choices are all from Gravesend and Northfleet. Reply from them was instant. Hope lots of you have a go. I managed to do it, which proves how simple it is!! It could be another way of getting people to realize we do have a football team.

See todays edition of the NLP has an article written by Stuart Hammond on Manager of the Year, which actually gives Andy a big compliment.

"Fords achievement in taking Gravesend to 11th is remarkable. If the Fleet were an item of clothing, they would have been thrown out long ago, they are so unfashionable. But still Ford takes the 2001/2 Ryman winners to new levels".

Probably sums things up quite neatly - the allusion to the item of clothing is very true to many supporters of other Conference clubs.