Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Karen Keating passes away.

In her innocence, my daughter asked me whether Blue Peter would ask viewers to make sympathy cards for her family.

I'm sure they said she was a presenter between 1986-1989. I had moved away from the programme by then and had started to explore the pleasures of wine, women and song...so she's not one from my era.

But it was humourous seeing those 1980s rah-rah skirts and the "Chic Pikey" look [after Dexys] that she used to wear....and had to ask myself: "How did we find women attractive in the 80s, with them wearing clobber like that?"

I met Karen at The National Cat Club Show at Olympia many years ago, when they were doing a report for Blue Peter and I was doing a report for CATS Magazine. I must admit, I wasn't that impressed. However, she WAS suffering from a heavy cold at the time.

Her co-presenter, (who's name escapes me), was FAR more affable and friendly.

HOWEVER - My deepest sympathies to all her family.