Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Away Support

Well done to all that made the trip yesterday.

A good turnout of 100 or so for one of our most northerly of trips.

All those that made the effort, were treated to maybe our goal of the season with Perks' wonder strike.

Lets all turn up in our droves for the last home game, and give the lads the reception they deserve after such a entertaining season where we have once again overachieved.

PS. Must say the locals were a very friendly bunch up in Accrington and looking forward to next seasons visit.

I have to agree that the accrington fans were very friendly, in fact they were so friendly that we let them score 2 goals in a minute!!

But seriously i am going again next season as i really enjoyed it, just a pity the crowd was one of thier lowest of the season.

(they probably had a big pigeon race or a ferret beauty contest or something).

I've just got out of bed and am still bloody tierd, great day out , but what a journey . We was robbed of three points in my opinion, the ref with out doubt lost his nerve, i know 2 of our fans that stayed up there on the town for the night, and have said where ever they went they got a very warm welcome, great day out great fans all round, well done to accy, and to everyone of us that made the trip.

it happend right in front of us and it was as blatent yellow if not a straight red that i have ever seen , but the ref just didnt give it, and about 3 mins later gave a yellow for a 10 times less worse foul, why i ask and most people would agree , has the standard of football in this league gone up but the reffering has gone down hill.

Quote:
Alan W (GNFC) said:
One of their guys (Cavanagh, I think) was said by Chas & Phil, to be lucky to stay on the pitch, as he already had a yellow card, when he fouled Moussa mid way through the second half. Both expected a second yellow, but he only got a talking to.

That was Hollis, Cavanagh was booked for an elbow which could easily have been a red.

Quote:
David Holden said: Cavanagh was booked for an elbow which could easily have been a red.

I thought that was number 4 (Halford) although I could be wrong. Anyway, whoever it was got away with it, and it was just one of many poor decisions by the referee (e.g. clearly noticing that Prendergast (who, incidentally, didn't actually dive all that often... but still managed one or two grin.gif) had kicked the ball away, having a word with him, and then NOT booking him). However, we didn't do ourselves any favours in what was a disappointing second half display (Andy has already mentioned our defensive shortcomings - see today's NLP).

On a more positive note, I would have taken a draw at the start of the day, Essendoh just keeps on scoring those vital away goals, and Perkins' goal was indeed a contender for our goal of the season - although Miller's long-range screamer at Hereford is also in contention.

LDV qualification may now seemingly be in the bag, but let's hope we beat Shrewsbury (who will presumably have their minds on their forthcoming play-off matches) and Northwich to round off an undoubtedly successful season given our atrocious start.