Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 12-December 17 )

• Photo
    Hornet

• Photo
    Riversider

• Photo
    tigersfan

• Photo
    theboss

• Photo
    beatsurrender

• Photo
    ebbsfleet is for life

• Photo
    sportingevenings

Photo

Racist Chants

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
9 replies to this topic

offline smithyman

smithyman
  • Reserves
If anyone from the club reads this before the match today can they make a point of getting the stewards to pay particular attention to this matter.

The team is already accused of being lucky, overphysical and cheating, we do not want to add racist fans to that list.

offline chris blanc

chris blanc
  • First XI - Permanent
Did we ever actually find out if there is any racist chanting going on? I haven't heard any in ages.

offline John@TheFleet

John@TheFleet
  • Reserves Coach
Which would indicate that there wasn't so it was down to 'mistaken identity' or someone making it up.

offline smithyman

smithyman
  • Reserves
Whether or not the chanting did happen at the Farnborough game, the point I'm trying to make is that reputations are easy to get and hard to lose. In addition it only takes a few brainless idiots to tarnish the reputation of the whole club, for example not all England fans are drunken hooligans but that's the overall impression that is created and perpetuated. If it becomes well known that we adopt a 'zero tolerance' approach to this then it will make it more difficult for opposing fans to accuse us of racism in the future and send a message to those brainless idiots that they're not wanted at Stonebridge Road.

offline chilled out entertainer

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
I have personally never heard racist abuse at stonebridge road. Even if there were I doubt it would be loud enough for the boro lot to hear down the other end as this kind of chanting is always in the minority. Makes me think it is all lies.

offline smithyman

smithyman
  • Reserves
Got to say I did hear some 'lardist' comments aimed at Rioch yesterday!!

offline mossey

mossey
  • Onlooker
calling rioch fat is not racist

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!

There goes some irony over the top of somebody's head...

offline Chad

Chad
  • Reserves
I also heard someone telling Ward to shut-up repeatedly in the second half. And Rioch is fat and picked himself!!

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
I noted on the Vics messageboard that the one downside to the Northwich efforts was Mr Rioch rolling around at every opportunity - especially when he succeeded in getting Rob Owen booked (to be fair, it was a late challenge which may potentially have got a yellow card anyway). Even the Vics fan that responded agreed fully with me !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus