Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rumour mill Started!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel that player rotation is almost as important in the Conference as it is in the Premier League and so we need to maintain a reasonably large squad.

One of our problems in our first season in the Conference was that when a lot of players were injured we didn't have the strength in depth and we were having to play people who were plainly not up to Conference standard.

I also think that sometimes it is as useful to be able to pick certain players to do a particular job to combat some aspect of the opposition as it is to just pick the best eleven.

The difficulty of course is getting players to accept the times when they are out of the side.

Steve Perkins is apparently going to Australia for a year out, but lets hope he will be back the season after.

Rob Owen have been told much the same though they are not, going together but hope to meet up.

As for the others, unless the club issue the news, best to wait and see.

Francis had tole me he is waiting for the result of a scan, which maye decide if he can play at all. Would be a great shame for such a talented guy to have to retire so early.

Neither Ben Abbey or Walshie played on Sarurday as though they were leaving, but like I said we shall just all have to wait for news from Andy, Great news that he is signing a full-time contract, which will at last give him the necessary time he needs to Manage the team. I think he and Ade make agreat team, along with Dave, Ron and Neil, they all seem to have got things running well.

When consulting my contact for all things Perks a few weeks ago, the quote was.

' Steve has virtually made his mind up to go to Oz next year, but as he changes his mind, more often than he changes his clubs, and thats more often than he changes his pants , you never know.

He has really enjoyed his spell at the Fleet, especially since Xmas, and if the Oz thing doesn't materialise I am sure he will be looking to sign on again'.

So theres still hope that he may be back in training in July.

Otherwise we will have to make do with images of Perks and Rob skipping Morecambe and Wise style into the sunset along Bondi.

It will be a great shame if Perkins isn't with us for next season - he got better and better as the season went on.

Also, best wishes to the Fridge for his scan.

Losing Perkins would be a blow. I personally feel he is the only true creative player in our team, hence the name Zinidine Zi-Perkins!!! Drury, Walshe and Sidibe can create with pace and crossing but Perks has ability to thread defence splitting passes.