Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-November 17 )

• Photo
    MartinBFC

• Photo
    rvr

• Photo
    The Mayor Of Simpleton

• Photo
    Zippy

Photo

EFC next season

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
45 replies to this topic

offline Rob

Rob
  • Trainee
Hiya,

It's been a while since I posted anything and I haven't been to a game since last season. But I'm still interested to hear what will be happening next season.

I'm aware that the team will play at Ware (nice small ground, but a bit of a trot from the station)

But will there be any club restructuring for playing in the lower division? What is the team looking like? Are there any players left from 12 months ago - are they really as bad as the results suggest?

Finally, and this is the big one for me. How is Papa Laz involved with the club, or isn't he? I decided I wouldn't go to EFC again until he'd gone...but it's tempting to make sure I'm there for when EFC play Town.

What - from a true EFC viewpoint rather than a town's viewpoint - is the future for the club now?

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)

Lazarou's long gone.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Has he officially signed away his ownership of the club in a legally binding document .(I hope so.)

offline syrup

syrup
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Twitter
that went when the receiver took it off him along with most of his assets

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
So the receiver's agreed to let the current board of directors take control.?

Do the receivers still technically own the club?....what if Laz pursuaded them they could get more of their money back by letting him retake control of the club.??

Not being mischievous....genuinely enquiring.!

offline Jonny M

Jonny M
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Hopefully he has been totally stuffed !! Although Fairview seem to be too active in the property market, yet again...

offline TopGun

TopGun
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Enfield , West Ham .
  • Foes: You know who ,Grrrrr
I never quite understood why laz chose to hang about so long when he must have realised the financial problems of E F C holdings long before the end of his reign. Can anyone from efc explain why he did'nt go much sooner as the assetts the club once had have been long gone.

offline Rob

Rob
  • Trainee
Thanks for the replies. I just want to make sure of this, 'cos it will mean coming back to EFC matches and I don't want to line his pockets in any way.

Can you just confirm, Papa Laz is in no way involved in the club and there is no potential he ever will again?

If this is true, who is on the new board/who runs the club now? Have we got all the money we are owed from the sale of Southbury Road back?

I have to admit that although I was aware of the FA rulings concerning Papa Laz, I wasn't aware that he had cut his ties completely with the club.

If this is true it's excellent news - I can't believe I haven't heard this earlier (admittedly I don't get the Enfield local papers any more)

So finally, what is in store next season?

offline syrup

syrup
  • Twitter
Tony has left and wont be back, there are 4 people running the club at the moment for the fans that are left, & no the club has got no money from Tony that he owed the club and club probably won't ever see that money again. and hopefully a better season next year.

offline Southport - TOWNER

Southport - TOWNER
  • Supports: TOWNERS
  • Facebook
guys
apart from the name history etc, what do the directors "own" is it just the name.

offline syrup

syrup
  • Twitter
there are no directors only committy members and yes it is just a name with a place in the ryman league Exactly the same as the town except that we have a longer history than etfc

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Someone once defined a 'football club' as a 'three pronged entity',consisting of.

1. Supporters.

2. players.

3. Stadium.

I would say that in only one of those criteria are the two clubs 'exaclty the same'...ie...Stadium (or lack of).

offline ETFC Neil

ETFC Neil
  • First XI - Sub
Do we really have to go down this familiar road again?

offline Mark (Flag) Braintree

Mark (Flag) Braintree
  • Youth Team Coach
Good luck to EFC,(The original Enfield) I feel for you boys that stayed with your club, a few years ago, I saw you at Heybridge just days after you were involved in an 8,000 gate against Yeovil, getting a record number of points 90 odd i think and still coming 2nd.

Last year when we visited you at Boreham woods ground gate was under 100, it is a true shame.

I hope you return to your former glories.

Flag at Braintree.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Thanks for that Mark.

Football in Enfield will return to it's former glories....be in no doubt of that.

You'll find 99% of the fans that went to Yeovil and Heybridge on the ETFC forum..trying to resurrect the spirit and passion of those glory days.

Mark (Flag) Braintree
  • Youth Team Coach
I know ETFC are doing fairly well in ESL 4th aint it.

but, I was thinking more of the Ryman 1 team, who we played last year in the Prem and are bottom yet again. I spoke to a Wealdstone fan who saw them win by 8. I really feel for them.

Good luck to both Enfields. Can I ask the ETFC boys why wont you now go back to the original Enfield? , I understand the reason you went has now gone, Chairman wasn't it.

If I am digging up something old, I appologize, no offence, just pm me, thanks. Mark.

offline Sergeant D

Sergeant D
  • Reserves
I, personally would like to see the two clubs merge, but there is opposition to this on both sides of the fence. One of the reasons that ETFC was set up was to bring senior football back to the borough of Enfield. If ETFC were to go back to EFC then we would be playing at Ware for the next five years and it would undo a great deal of hard work that has been done to get Brimsdown up to Ryman 'B' standard. Should ETFC go to EFC or should it be the other way round?

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I believe ETFC has much more of a 'blood-line' from the 'real Enfield Fc'...Than those that kept the name 'Enfield Football Club'.

I would also like to see only one team represnting the borough of Enfield,at senior level.

What they are called ,or will be eventually called, dosn't matter too much to me.....but i believe that club will be based around the current set up at ETFC, rather than forming around what's left of EFC.

offline russ

russ
what a load of crap L.S.to be honest glad they all aint like you thank god..........russ

Mark (Flag) Braintree
  • Youth Team Coach
Thanks for the Pm. Mr.H

Plus all the other replies to my request.

Flag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus