Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The departing threesome.

Sad to read that Perky, Owen and Walshie are leaving. Nothing could be done about the first two, and I can only assume that Ben's previous full time wages precluded us from matching it.

On the plus side, a good chunk of the midfield still remain, and with two or three (well known) additions, will not reduce our strength in that department.

We know Owen is going,but do we know for certain yet regarding the other 2?? Its been mentioned on another thread that Perks has been considering going travelling, but nothing was certain at this stage and as for Walshie, it may well prove true that he leaves, but until we see it in black and white as an official statement from the club, I will continue to hope.

Where did the story that Ben Walshe was leaving us, originate?Following his reactions after the goals he scored at Dagenham and the way he was with the fans after the Northwich game,he seemed to me as though he wanted to stay with Kent`s number one club!

Quote:
meldrew said:
Where did the story that Ben Walshe was leaving us, originate?Following his reactions after the goals he scored at Dagenham and the way he was with the fans after the Northwich game,he seemed to me as though he wanted to stay with Kent`s number one club!

The message is on the BBC Sport pages frown.gif!

I'm just hoping that the BBC are wrong regarding Ben (they have been before, and I've seen nothing 'official' from the club).

Ben has looked very positive and commited to the club since returning from the injury and I think his ability to get crosses in would be useful for next season.

Perkins seemed to me to get better and better over the season and I'd like to see him stay for next year.

Rob's been a very good servant for the club, and I wish him well for the future.

CeeJay

I heard a week ago that, similar to the BBC story, Walshie wasn't offered a new contract, simple as that. Good luck to him, though, he helped us through a bad patch last season.

Is Perkins going to Australia for good, then, as the BBC seemed to suggest, or just travelling like Rob Owen?

According to the Reporter, Ben Abbey wont be staying either, and nor will Pat Gradley or Eddie McClements. Charlie Mitten is apparently is still in talks.

Ben Surey has offered a deal but is hoping to stay in full time football.

We also still have the option of retaining Rob Haworth.

Moussa Sidibe has now apparently signed a 1 year deal.

Good news about Moussa Sidibe. Surprised Ben Surey was offered a deal, as I fail to see what Andy Ford sees in him. I really do wonder how these top clubs QPR, Crystal Palace, Fulham etc get it so wrong. However feel he'll still be with us next season, as I can't see him getting full time football. I'd also be very interested to know why Ben Walshe wasn't at least offered a new deal.

Exactly, if Walshe wasnt offered a contract then that sucks. Class act, good with both feet and not an over the top big time charlie, BUT i do stress IF we didnt offer him a contract! Walshe is the kind of player you pay just that little bit more to keep hold of! But thats football............

Not entirely surprised about Ben Abbey. Hasn't been a regular starter since his little spat with Andy.

As every player knows - never upset your Manager.

In any case with Roy and Pinns starting to form an effective partnership and with Drury and Sidebe already in place as attacking midfielders, we only need a couple of strikers plus some strengthening in midfield to sort out our attacking options.

No Darren, I will also miss Ben. Lightening quick, good goals per game ratio too. Valuable squad member, subjected to a lot of unwarranted criticism.

I do worry whether Rob Haworth will return. Is he on a contract? If so Maidenhead may well make a offer for him as he seems to have made a good impression there.

Agreed - I will miss Ben too if he goes, but as you said above Gary, players who fall out with Andy Ford don't stay much longer afterwards (Lew Watts and Tostao being recent examples), and Ben certainly had his moments (e.g. his bad-tempered first half-hour at Forest Green).

Still, I would have liked him to stay, particularly with his good goals-per-game ratio, as you noted. Having said that, I think, of the players supposedly departing so far, Perks is the biggest loss.

P.S. Presumably, some kind of financial settlement will be needed between the club and Pat and Eddie, given that their contracts ran until the end of 2004/2005?