Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Our fellow Kentishmen

jc

A 2-1 win for Welling (sorry, I mean Gravesend and Northfleet reserves) last night at Hednesford puts them in next season's Conference South. Dover won't make it though, meaning that they will stay in the Doc Martens Premier and so effectively suffer a relegation. Also, it looks like Dartford will be three levels below us instead of two next year, given their low placing in the Doc Martens Eastern Division.

Thanks Dave blush.gif

I knew the top 13 were joining the Conference South automatically, but didn't realise that so many other teams had a chance in play-offs. I suppose I should have known - even promotion to the Conference will have a play-off element from next season onwards!

Quote:
David Holden said:At the moment, Dover are in a playoff spot for Conference South with the teams between 14 and 18 in the DM Premier and the winners of the playoff between the two lower division champions.

Well, Dover's 0-0 draw with Stafford today and results elsewhere mean that they have dropped to 19th, thus missing out on the play-offs.

With the regard to the title of this thread and due to the fact that I'm feeling slightly pedantic (and slightly drunk) at the moment, I'd like to point out that our Dover 'cousins' are actually Men of Kent, being situated East of the Medway...........a long way East, in fact........and long may it continue to be so!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........unless that part of Kent can float...........er, I'll get me coat......

Quote:
jc said:
Well, Dover's 0-0 draw with Stafford today and results elsewhere mean that they have dropped to 19th, thus missing out on the play-offs.

Ah, good career move by Mr Carruthers then, to turn us down so he can play two divisions below us. Maybe he'll find his level there...

Yellow card Alan......

I know Sheff Wed are a bit crap this year...but I think referring to them as a "glorified pub side" is taking the p*ss a tad ??

At least their away support may add a few ££££'s to Gillingham's gate

if the sides meet next season !

Regards,

Yes..ERROR !!!!...it's apology time !!

I thought Alan was referring to Gillingham going down and not Dover....

....what are wet Bank Holiday Mondays for if you can't have a few beers and the lose the ability to read, talk sense & stand up ??? ( not necessarily in that order !)

Roll on May 31st !!!

Cheers,

teleport.gif