Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New Southend Stadium

Interesting how we have now arrived in the conference arena and suddenly the new Southend stadium seems to be getting the go ahead after all these years.

Whether it’s a co-incidence but perhaps they are a bit concerned by the desire of the new club on the block down the river who are a little too close for comfort to league status now.

Their fans have two things to thank us for this season. 1) Kick starting their season. 2) Pushing these plans through.

Southend certainly need to watch out. Although they've upped their marketing activities recently, I noticed when I was walkikng along the seafront at Southend yesterday a few Canvey shirts but no Southend ones.

Having seen Southend a few times they do play dire football, and the all seater stadium only a quarter full kills any atmosphere. In fact, even when it's full (eg Boxing day v Orient a couple of seasons back) there's still no atmosphere.

I hope our new ground won't be all seats as rumoured.

how depressing.. especially when u get nazu stewards that insist you sit down...

with improvements in crowd control,cctv etc etc footy stadia should have the ends behind the goals returned to terraces.. you could fit loads more people in and the atmosphere would be much better.. imagine the new wembley if the lower tier was terracing behind the goals.. much better

The only place where the stewards have been a pain about the seats is Scarborough where they get ever so upset if you put your feet on them.

The biggest jobsworths are at Accrington, but it is terracing.

With the amount of former league clubs for you next year Canvey boys, how many games will you be able to walk round to the end you are attacking.

Gravesend, Burton, Tamworth, Forest Green , Margate, Morecambe, Accrington, Farnborough what 8.

Dag & Red would not let Braintree fans walk round for BTFC Res away game, so no chance for a Conference Game.

Do you reckon 8 or less?

• 2 weeks later...

oight bungle how can u say there is no atmosphere at southend your talking crap. anyway why the hell are you at roots hall watching us .weve been planning this new ground for ages anyway and lastly we are not a dire side we beat you 3 2 so i dont know how you can say that we are one of the best teams in the third division at the moment. fat boy wats the score fat boy fat boy wats the score

I think someone's going a bit OTT that it's the weekend and they don't have to get up for school tomorrow!!

Right, write out 1000 times

"Canvey Island FC are a superb football team with a class squad of players, a talented Manager and a set of fans Southend United FC would die for."

Had to ask his mum what 'Sex?' was.

Oh, and mate, I wouldn't be too glad with being a Div. 3 side and beating a (then) Ryman League team in the last minute. Bloody idiot!

Oh - And the atmosphere IS crap at Southend, and YES, I did watch them, for 2 seasons actually. Then I saw sense and watched my first game at Canvey... Bye bye Southend!

Quote:
Anonymous said:
oight bungle how can u say there is no atmosphere at southend your talking crap. anyway why the hell are you at roots hall watching us .weve been planning this new ground for ages anyway and lastly we are not a dire side we beat you 3 2 so i dont know how you can say that we are one of the best teams in the third division at the moment. fat boy wats the score fat boy fat boy wats the score

How pathetic. I was over at Roots Hall the other day and there is a picture in the bar of their lucky last minute goal against us! Like it was the greatest moment in the clubs history.