Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jackson!

Well to paraphrase Kirsty Maccoll the guy down our chipshop reckons Jacko signed for us again last week.

Might be true might not be, either way good luck to him.

I am not sure he will get in the starting eleven anymore but I am sure he belongs at Gravesend and knowing Jacko he will probably force his way into the side.

knowing jacko as i do, he would definitely combine playing for us with his farming. he always did. he loves the club, and we love him. dagenham are (i believe) full-time, whereas we're not, so he would be able to do both jobs.

i hope he returns, he's a loyal professional with a superb left foot. a rarity, and a great player to have in the squad.

Quote:
FourFourTwo said:
Mentioned on the Margate forum that Graham Porter has joined us. If that's the case can't see the point in signing Jackson

I thought Porter was predominantly a centre-back - he certainly played in that position against us in the season just gone and the season before. Also, on the Margate forum it says that he has been playing at left-back for them recently.

If we ever went 3-5-2 or some other obscure combi, I would hope the team to something like this

Wilkerson

Gledhill Shearer Moore

Sidebe Protheroe McKimm Saunders Drury

Essandoh Pinnock

or

Wilkerson

Gledhill Shearer Moore

Protheroe McKimm (holding defensive midfield)

Sidebe Saunders Drury (attacking, flair midfield)

Essandoh Pinnock

I prefer a team playing 3-5-2 but i am pretty sure some of the above players will be on the bench next year so it's to early to look at teams or formations, i would like to see at least 5 new faces in addition to Saunders to give us a squad of about 20.

Aren`t Saunders,Drury,Sidibe and Protheroe all predominately right sided midfielders?If that`s the case I think we very much need our Jacko back to balance the midfield now that Walshie has gone.The defence looks pretty sound with Gledhill,Shearer,Moore,Skinner,Porter,Lee and Rouse,(if we still have him)and Duku if his injury clears up.....I think the only other positions that need filling are a couple of pacy strikers .Perhaps Andy will look at the lower leagues for a young speed merchant to cover the loss of Manny.

I've said it before & I'll say it again - this thing about players 'wanting to stay full-time' is rubbish!

What they really mean is 'they want higher wages'.

Let's face it - a player can still train during the day, go to the gym, etc., so really it is simply about the money.