Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jackson!

I agree Darren, Jacko seemed a bit distracted towards the end of that season, as if he had already decided he wanted to try at a higher level.

It didn't work out for him, and all credit to him for admitting it. All the while he has remained a staunch Fleet fan, watching home games whenever possible. The fleet is in his blood.

Even if he is not an outstanding player at Conference level, he will always give 150%, and always seems available as he recovers from serious injuries quicker than most.

If he comes back, I will not complain.

Maybe Jacko would be a good alternative to Justin at left back though ?

He certainly gets less yellow and red cards than Justin and is a more consistent performer week in - week out.

Also, it would give Andy more flexibility in the Squad with Jacko's ability to play full back or midfield.

Food for thought Andy ?

Quote:
Chatham Gary said:If he comes back, I will not complain.

I would go with that too, Gary. Personally, I thought he had a solid season for us in his final Fleet season - his superb curling strike against Burton the week after he had seemingly been seriously injured at Telford was a particular highlight. And as mentioned above, the balance of the midfield is currently very biased to the right side.

Just as a matter of interest, with all this speculation over Jacko, and I think he would be a valuable squad member.

I noticed that he was having a problem with training more than once a week at Dagenham, do we stiil train twice a week at the Fleet? and if so would this be a problem with us also.

I think Jacko would be a useful player for us, and would welcome him back. I think this season has been poor for him as he has been part of a poor daggers team and took a while to get started due to injury. I thought he was good in his last season for us, he is good in dead ball situations and has a very good left foot on him.

I think Fleet Fanatic`s observations that Jacko never stood out in the Conference are a bit way of the mark,only last season he made an appearance for England`s semi pro team in Holland and that can`t be bad!This season he has been dogged with injuries;sent to Dover to get match fit and also had to perform in a below par Dagenham team.Let`s not forget he is still only about 28/29 years old and I would love to see him perform in a very good Fleet side next season!

To be fair, when Jimmy was with us, the remarkable thing about him was the way he bounced back from injury. How many times did he ever go down & stay down? I seem to remember his being dubbed The Bionic Man & for good reason.

It's likely there were differences between him & Fordy before his departure. If those can be ironed out, I'd be delighted to see him back, playing on the left side of midfield. He & Skins used to link perfectly. Those raising doubts surely cannot have seen this combination at its best. As was pointed out earlier in this thread, he's still got clear daylight between his current age & his 30th birthday. To write him off as a player of the past is totally unrealistic.

Graham S

I completely fail to understand the fuss this potential signing has created. OK, so it's Jacko, but leave him be, treat him like any other signing.

If he proves to be good enough, he'll be in the starting XI every week and with the players he'll be in competition with, he'll deserve it. If he's not consistent enough, he'll be a very good option as a squad player. It's not like next season will stand or fall on whether Fordy's right to bring Jacko back.

You've hit the nail on the head with yourlast point, Stu. Andy has proved to be a superb manager. We have no need to question the wisdom of resigning Jacko. We all know what we will get,and Andy wouldn't sign him if he didn't think he would prove a success.

Let us hope Jay and Ports prove less "aggressive" than when theywore the blue of Margit.