Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jackson!

Great news about Jacko!We`ve got a great squad taking shape now,and what with all the players not being retained by so many clubs,I think Andy Ford can take a bit of time to find the right players for the Fleet to turn us into a play-off side next year.........Ain`t it a great feeling to look forward to next season with such anticipation!

Totally agree with that, I distinctly remember noting around June last year that I really feared for our Conference survival after losing Jacko & Bentley, who were instrumental in our staying up the previous season, OK thank christ I was proved wrong, but I do feel that he is a talisman of sorts he gives everything when he plays and does love the club, and that is a priceless commodity as most players are pretty mercenary these days.

Also don't forget all the other players who have already signed contracts. They haven'y done it for the money. As Chris Moore said "I love this club. It's the best I have ever played for".

This is what makes genuine team spirit and success.

Notice also Leon Braithwaite has been released by D & R. At 31 he may now want regular 1st team action, but he is vastly experienced and would be a good cover for Roy.

I'm happy about the signing. As Ben appears not to have been offered a contract I think we need someone to play left side of midfield. And if necessary we know Jacko can fill in at left back or in the centre of midfield. I think everyone was hugely disappointed when he left last year and would have given anything to keep him and yet only one year on some people seem to be less than happy about his return and i find that strange.

I suppose it's because the team did a whole lot better this season than last. So it may be viewed as turning back the clock.

For me though

Delighted to see Mr Jacksons return. Looking forward to him breaking the club appearance record and infuencing other team members with his commitment.

Full time cricket? well that should take up 2 or 3 months of his time, unless he's been called up by the England selectors to tour Zimbabweewee!

My mates' son plays cricket against him occasionally i'll impress upon him to not bowl him to many bouncers.