Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

London's proposed Olympic Stadium

What will happen to the main proposed stadium after the Games if we get them? Will the London Grand Prix be moved from Crystal Palace, and will it be the end of athletics at Gateshead, Glasgow and Birmingham?

They should have had the Games at Wembley, and put a moveable athletics track in, and take it out when the Games are over, for England games, FAC Final etc. and put the track in when London needs to host any athletics event.

I can't see the Stadium getting much use after the Games, hopefully it won't become another white elephant.

It has been suggested that the proposed stadium at Stratford may become the new home of West Ham Utd F.C., in much the same way as Man City took over the Manchester one.

Can't see it myself....

But then.....I can't see London getting the games in the first place.

• 7 years later...

It's amusing to read these posts nearly eight years on, Mala_D couldn't have been more right about West Ham not getting the Olympic Stadium and also couldn't have been more wrong when he said he couldn't see London getting the Games.

WTF? Bored at work Cliff?

Horace - I'm never bored at work, there are never enough hours in the day

WTF? Bored at work Cliff?

Horace - I'm never bored at work, there are never enough hours in the day for trawling the internet for mindless garbage!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see the Stadium getting much use after the Games, hopefully it won't become another white elephant

I'm quite impressed how, some eight years ago and even before London was awarded the Olympic Games, the early posts on this thread have proved to be so accurate and on the money. The stadium will undoubtably become a white elephant the moment the last Paralympics athlete has left the building and switched off the lights. I was all in favour of Guest_'s excellent suggestion that Wembley Stadium should have been used and a moveable athletics track put in, taking it out when the Games were over, job done, that would have saved building the eyesore in Stratford and lining East European construction workers pockets.

Are you saying that Stratford wasn't an eyesore before the stadium was built? In my opinion, ANYTHING newly built in that area has been an improvement!

Apparently, there were major gas explosions in Bow and Wapping this morning.

An official said... "It has done millions of pounds worth of improvements !!"

Edited by Big J R

I like zi vast majority of Londenerz dont give zi flyingzf--kz aboutz zi olyimpicz. I. like zi vazt majority vill be gettingz outz zi capital andz sunbathaingz our azzez vhen it takez place. Vot a waste of money ziz is!