Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Conference Odds 2004/5

ronin

Odds are from Skybet,how they have us at the same price as York and Barnet is beyond me.

Carlisle 7/2

Hereford 5/1

Exeter 10/1

Morecambe 10/1

Aldershot 12/1

Barnet 14/1

Canvey 14/1

Stevenage 14/1

York 14/1

Accrington 16/1

Dagenham 16/1

Crawley 25/1

Scarborough 25/1

Woking 25/1

Burton 33/1

Halifax 33/1

Telford 40/1

Forest Green 50/1

Farnborough 66/1

Gravesend 66/1

Margate 66/1

Tamworth 66/1

Sounds like Skybet people (assuming they are people) knocked those odds up during a heavy drinking session. 14-1 is ridiculous. We should be amongst the 66-1 brigade (not sure what Gravesend are doing there mind). Crawley should be down there too. No disrespect intended, but the Conference is completely new to us, and if the fixture list is unkind (let's say Hereford, Carlisle, York and Barnet in our first four games) we are not likely to get many points initially. I think we can survive, but 14-1 is just absurd - those sort of odds are for teams who know what it's about. Still, nice to see we've made such an impact without even playing a game !

Interesting is that the 4 teams that have beaten us to the title in the last 4 seasons (We gave up against Dagenham when they failed to lose from the New Year that season) are now lined up to leap frog over into the league and that'll be pay back time!

Don't know what we'll do if we do achieve the unthinkable however!!

Realistically, think that Carlisle although 7/2 are a good bet as their form was good from the New Year.

Morecambe seem a little high on the betting list.

yeah your probably right there Rock...

i really think the conf is going to be tough this year, its probably at its highest standard ever.. the gap between the top and bottom teams is as big as in the ryman tho so hopefully we can slot into the middle this season

Well i think we will do ourselves proud..middle of the table i would be really pleased with,if we can emulate Aldershot that would be great..Fingers crossed lets get Sunday out the way..i need to make some money so i need a Rock win

Of course these odds are based on the current composition of the Conference. Margate appear likely to be thrown out, reprieving Leigh. Telford are still in the financial mire and only have until the end of the month to sort themselves out. In addition, there is a faint possibility of Carlisle being restored to the league: Darlington's future is still in the balance, and if they go under a decision will be taken on whether to run Div 3 with 23 clubs or to restore Carlisle to the league and therefore (presumably) reprieve Northwich in the Conf - which would mean nobody being relegated in the normal manner ! I know I'm getting old but I'm sure football used to be much simpler when I was younger...still I guess that's progress.

Before the season starts, bookies nearly always go to a large extent on last season's form. They also have little knowledge of non-league football, so they just look at league tables.

I think the odds on York are pretty fair, as we have no experience of non-league and have just released virtually an entire first team, because we can't afford to keep them. Next season we will be full of kids and free transfers, who will inevitably take time to work together as a team. Your team has been together a while and won't need to do this. The one advantage we'll have is that we'll be full time, and I expect a mid table finish because of that.

I'm not surprised that Carlisle are favourites as they've built a useful team (after it was too late to finish outside the bottom two) and will probably get excellent gates. I quite fancy Steveage as well.

Quote:
Before the season starts, bookies nearly always go to a large extent on last season's form. They also have little knowledge of non-league football, so they just look at league tables.

Funny, because the last time I looked at the League Table Gravesend were 11th and 3rd in the Form Guide.

Quote:
Exile said:
Of course these odds are based on the current composition of the Conference. Margate appear likely to be thrown out, reprieving Leigh. Telford are still in the financial mire and only have until the end of the month to sort themselves out. In addition, there is a faint possibility of Carlisle being restored to the league: Darlington's future is still in the balance, and if they go under a decision will be taken on whether to run Div 3 with 23 clubs or to restore Carlisle to the league and therefore (presumably) reprieve Northwich in the Conf - which would mean nobody being relegated in the normal manner ! I know I'm getting old but I'm sure football used to be much simpler when I was younger...still I guess that's progress.

Not necessarily progress.........More awareness of the realities of life we didn't know about as kids!

IM SORRY..But The CaPs ArE bRillIanT i JuSt HeLp MySeLf!!....SAD GIT THAT ALL YOUR BOTHERED ABOUT..YOU MUST REALLY GET A LIFE...NO WONDER AWAY FANS TAKE THIS PISS OUT OF US WITH PEOPLE MAKING STUPID COMMENTS LIKE THAT...DOES ANYONE GIVE A [****!!****] IF I WRITE WITH CAPS lOCK?