Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Conference Odds 2004/5

ronin

Margate have now accepted their demotion to Conference South, which will mean a reprieve for Leigh (and a much longer journey for us !). This has to be ratified at the Conference AGM on 5 June, but that should be a formality. This means Kettering will switch to Conference North (is that because they think it will be easier to win ?!?!). Meanwhile Telford's situation looks grim: they have just sacked ALL their remaining players...

Quote:
Anonymous said:
Canvey Island suck donkey balls, wait till you come down the the grave next year!! we rule!! Where dya park your caravans?????

So you dead then mate?

When gravesend went up a mate of mine said that our first year would be good, and its the year after where you start to get found out.

And that turned out to be exactly true, you will be alright until the conference teams work you out. As a gravesend fan i wish canvey all the best for the forthcoming season, enjoy it and i hope that the standard of refereeing in the conference does not hinder you as we found that the more important teams in the conference got shall we say 'SPECIAL TREATMENT'.

Best of luck and see you in the conference!!

Quote:
gazza701 said:
When gravesend went up a mate of mine said that our first year would be good, and its the year after where you start to get found out.
And that turned out to be exactly true

Eh?!We barely stay up in the first season and finish in the top half second season!
I know we had trouble at the start of the season just gone but overall the season was a brilliant success!

the bookies DO use people who know about non-league football - they don't produce odds on anything without consulting 'experts'.

I imagine the odds are also based on things like potential (eg Canvey have resources to get new players), new managers, full-/part-time etc

14/1 sounds typical to me, Canvey have steamrollered their way into the Conference and will be full of confidence. It will take a while for teams to get used to Canvey's style of play. I would say that Canvey are better than at least half the teams in the Conference today anyway.