Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What a shame ...

... that our dear friend, Jeff King, missed out on the double yeaterday, with Canvey's surprise defeat in the FA Trophy final.

I'm sure most Fleet supporters were, like me, devastated to see that after taking the lead with 2 goals in a minute at the start of the 2nd half, they eventually lost out, courtesy of 2 goals from nowhere, to a team who came nowhere near qualifying for the Conference South.

EC roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

I was heartbroken grin.gif grin.gif typical Canvey arrogance thought they only had to turn up to win it, and what about the crowd 6,000 and something and most from Hednesford!

Quote:
Unrecognized Genius said:

... that our dear friend, Jeff King, missed out on the double yeaterday, with Canvey's surprise defeat in the FA Trophy final.

I'm sure most Fleet supporters were, like me, devastated to see that after taking the lead with 2 goals in a minute at the start of the 2nd half, they eventually lost out, courtesy of 2 goals from nowhere, to a team who came nowhere near qualifying for the Conference South.

EC roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif

A friend of mine told me that Canvey only expected to take about 1000,which makes you wonder, what are their crowds going to be like in the conf next year, and there is talk that they should reach the play offs next year, now for a team that has just been promoted i call that arrogance.

Rotten Johnny Shawcraw said:

"and what about the crowd 6,000 and something and most from Hednesford!"

Apparently 2500 Canvey supporters. Would have been 2502, but two had to stay behind on the island to guard the caravans.

And who's going to clean up all that horse sh*t on the M1?

Quote:
UP FLEET said:
There is talk that they should reach the play offs next year, now for a team that has just been promoted i call that arrogance.

That's a bit optimistic!!!

I don't think anyone is think we SHOULD reach the Play-Offs, I'd be very happy to finish where Gravesend finished in their first season.

Quote:
Matt CIFC said:
Quote:
UP FLEET said:
There is talk that they should reach the play offs next year, now for a team that has just been promoted i call that arrogance.

That's a bit optimistic!!!

I don't think anyone is think we SHOULD reach the Play-Offs, I'd be very happy to finish where Gravesend finished in their first season.

Read your own forum....one or two think play offs or winning the Conference are not beyond reason!...........Arrogance...........You'd better believe it!

I just hope we don't let our own expectations get too high. Andy's done a fantastic job with the resources he's had, and has gradually built a fantastic squad with a great attitude and spirit. Following such a great season it's hard not to expect a top half finish again next season. However, I think it's important to remember that to be mathematically safe from relegation a couple of games before the end of next season would itself be an excellent achievement. I feel that should be the aim of next season, together with continuing to raise the profile of the club and get more supporters through the gates.