Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

What a shame ...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
11 replies to this topic

offline Unrecognized Genius

Unrecognized Genius
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
... that our dear friend, Jeff King, missed out on the double yeaterday, with Canvey's surprise defeat in the FA Trophy final.

I'm sure most Fleet supporters were, like me, devastated to see that after taking the lead with 2 goals in a minute at the start of the 2nd half, they eventually lost out, courtesy of 2 goals from nowhere, to a team who came nowhere near qualifying for the Conference South.

EC

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Did you see the start? Nice suit sported by the Hednesford manager, but Jeff it seems couldn't find trousers big enough to make way for his gut and his shirt, which was left happily flapping in the breeze!

offline Gordon T

Gordon T
  • First XI - Sub
two great goals for Hednesford to win the game. That freekick was great!

offline Rotten Johnny Shawcraw

Rotten Johnny Shawcraw
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I was heartbroken typical Canvey arrogance thought they only had to turn up to win it, and what about the crowd 6,000 and something and most from Hednesford!

Quote:
Unrecognized Genius said:
... that our dear friend, Jeff King, missed out on the double yeaterday, with Canvey's surprise defeat in the FA Trophy final.

I'm sure most Fleet supporters were, like me, devastated to see that after taking the lead with 2 goals in a minute at the start of the 2nd half, they eventually lost out, courtesy of 2 goals from nowhere, to a team who came nowhere near qualifying for the Conference South.

EC

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
A friend of mine told me that Canvey only expected to take about 1000,which makes you wonder, what are their crowds going to be like in the conf next year, and there is talk that they should reach the play offs next year, now for a team that has just been promoted i call that arrogance.

offline Hawkeye

Hawkeye
  • Reserves
[quote]Rotten Johnny Shawcraw said:
"and what about the crowd 6,000 and something and most from Hednesford!"

Apparently 2500 Canvey supporters. Would have been 2502, but two had to stay behind on the island to guard the caravans.

And who's going to clean up all that horse sh*t on the M1?

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Quote:
UP FLEET said:
There is talk that they should reach the play offs next year, now for a team that has just been promoted i call that arrogance.

That's a bit optimistic!!!

I don't think anyone is think we SHOULD reach the Play-Offs, I'd be very happy to finish where Gravesend finished in their first season.

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
Now that comment sounds a little more like honesty, its going to be a lot more tougher than a lot of people from canvey think,avoiding relegation is a bonus, then build on it. You may prove people wrong( myself included) but i dont think so.

offline Hempstead Gaz

Hempstead Gaz
  • National Squad - 1st XI
I suspect that 98% of Canvey supporters are genuinly fed up and embarrassed by Burger King's often ludicrous comments.
He clearly has no humility, just a massive ego, massive overconfidence and massive gut.
And we are still jealous Boylan plays for them!!

offline American FLEET FAN No1

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Quote:
Matt CIFC said:
Quote:
UP FLEET said:
There is talk that they should reach the play offs next year, now for a team that has just been promoted i call that arrogance.

That's a bit optimistic!!!

I don't think anyone is think we SHOULD reach the Play-Offs, I'd be very happy to finish where Gravesend finished in their first season.

Read your own forum....one or two think play offs or winning the Conference are not beyond reason!...........Arrogance...........You'd better believe it!

offline James

James
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
And I see that fat b*****d King reckons he thought they should have won and were the better team now where have I heard that comment before

offline CC

CC
  • Reserves
I just hope we don't let our own expectations get too high. Andy's done a fantastic job with the resources he's had, and has gradually built a fantastic squad with a great attitude and spirit. Following such a great season it's hard not to expect a top half finish again next season. However, I think it's important to remember that to be mathematically safe from relegation a couple of games before the end of next season would itself be an excellent achievement. I feel that should be the aim of next season, together with continuing to raise the profile of the club and get more supporters through the gates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus