Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Long Wait

In the 35 years of visiting Stonebridge Rd I cannot recall a close season when I have looked forward to the big kick off quite so much. It is not because of high expectation because I am of the firm belief it will take quite some effort to get into the play offs. I do however think we have a chance. No, my wishing-my-life-away state of mind is because we have never been blessed with such a quality playing squad, professional management team and sensible board ever before in our (recent) history. The standard of entertainment on offer, not just from the pacey and skilful 'Fleet but the opposing teams, looks to be a great prospect. How any local football fan would not be tempted to give the 'Fleet a go next season is beyond me - I predict a significant, and welcome, increase in numbers through the turnstiles.

Like you Brian I can't wait. I am going to buy a season ticket for the first time, but have noticed that the item on the new news page re the season ticket deal has now misteriously disappeared. Does this now mean that this deal is no longer on offer? (still waiting for my access to the new forum to make official enquiry)

Quote:
Brian A said:
I predict a significant, and welcome, increase in numbers through the turnstiles.

I hate to be pessimistic, but I suspect we will have to be right at the top of the Conference to achieve anything anywhere near 'Project 2500' (copyright FF grin.gif), which, despite our recent improvements, seems unlikely. But of course I'd be happy to be proved wrong grin.gif