Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sicknote Battersby

The article reckons G&N played £4000 for his services! Really?

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=17844

"He then joined Nationwide Conference side Stevenage Borough in March 2003 and transferred to Gravesend & Northfleet for £4,000 towards the end of February but ended the campaign with Dr Martens League Premier Division side Cambridge City."

I certainly hope not. The club cannot afford to waste money like that, and if it is true it should be a worry to the fans, especially in view of clubs in trouble recently. The 10k or whatever that would have been needlessly spent on Carruthers is also a concern. With such a large squad in prospect next season, I hope the club is not overstretching itself. With the money that will have been spent assembling the squad I'd thought that anything less than a play-off position will be a failure next season.

granted it would of been a waste of money, also granted that money is a scarce resource. But surly we are actually financialy sound, i mean considering Mr Gladwish's money + the F.A.Cup run with the telly. Id be more concern if he'd of payed anything more then £10,000 for someone, who turned out to be a non-starter.

Anyway i thought he was a free transfer??

Either way money was wasted on Battersby after the club had to reach settlement with the muppet & his contract on medical grounds.

Personally I think between Battersby & his 'medical advice' we got screwed.

Rather annoying that the club can't retrieve the cash on the grounds that he chose to continue playing.

It's possible that they have got confused with our signing of Roy, given that he cost £4,000.

Totally agree FF - from supposedly being 'out for the season' to playing for Cambridge City a couple of weeks later can't really be anything other than deception.