Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

Photo

Latest Transfer Targets

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
20 replies to this topic

offline James

James
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
I see that www.kentonline.co.uk/sport has linked the Fleet with both Jake Leberl and Rocky Baptiste not too sure about Leberl but I have never been impressed with Baptiste very overrated but should we doubt Andy judgement

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Margit supporters seem to rate him

offline Stu B

Stu B
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Stevenage supporters don't!

offline Chad

Chad
  • Reserves
he scores goals though!! ok so Stevenage fans didn't like him and he hasn't impressed but he does what strikers are paid to do.

offline Bloodnock

Bloodnock
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Odd that we seem to be targeting the Gits players,does anyone have an opinion of Leberl?

offline Student Scum

Student Scum
Quote:
Odd that we seem to be targeting the Gits players

Not really. Margate is not a full-time outfit, and neither are we.

Despite what we may harp on about, they do have players of Conference quality.

Most of these will live nearby(ish) and wish to continue playing at the highest level possible.

And I reckon it's fantastic that we can be seen to further ourselves at Margate's expense!

offline JimGNFC

JimGNFC
Quote:
Bloodnock said:
Odd that we seem to be targeting the Gits players,does anyone have an opinion of Leberl?

Maybe not such a shock - as I seem to recall reading in The Reporter last season that most of Margate's training sessions were held in Gravesend!

Another ex-Margate Player, Nick Roddis (England Semi-Pro midfielder) has parted company with Aldershot today. See:

http://news.bbc.co.u...hot/3770415.stm

Whats the chances of him joining?

On another matter, does anyone know if we are being sent renewal forms for our season ticket as in past years? If the Club are relying on people making the effort themselves to renew tickets by contacting the club they may find some people wont bother - all lost revenue!

offline Bloodnock

Bloodnock
I agree it's not a shock were targeting these players,perhaps "odd" was the wrong word for me to use, ironic would have been better.

offline Chad

Chad
  • Reserves
Quote:
Student Scum said:
Despite what we may harp on about, they do have players of Conference quality.

Most of these will live nearby(ish) and wish to continue playing at the highest level possible.

And I reckon it's fantastic that we can be seen to further ourselves at Margate's expense!

Can't see how they will further us when we finished above them in the league without their players. How's them joining us gonna "further us"?? Surely it will "rewind" us (for want of a better word)

offline Stu B

Stu B
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
So we wouldn't want Mcniven(26 goals)from Leigh RMI if he'd come to us because they finished below us?!

offline Jimmy

Jimmy
  • First XI - Permanent
  • rank
Roddis has been injured for ages, he might be carrying it.

I got my season ticket renewal form today so they should be en route.

offline Student Scum

Student Scum
Quote:
Chad said: Can't see how they will further us when we finished above them in the leagues

I realise it's a half-tongue-in-cheek comment designed again to infuriate and blow a huge Norf Kent raspberry in the face of those from the Git, buuuuuut......you wouldn't want us to sign Lee Boylan then?

offline old git

old git
  • Reserves
leberl played for dover at this level before going to the git. he's also useful at c/half played there with shearer along side him in dovers best season strong tackler and very commited only problem is he tends to see red quite often and after reading some of the other posts we have enough of these type of players already

offline John Pearce

John Pearce
I also note from articles in the local press that there are plans afoot to reduce the number of political wards from 6 to 5 effectively removing the name Northfleet from the political scene. Going by the way the 'Fleet' seem to be snapping up Margate players, it would perhaps appear that if the name Northfleet does completely disappear the club might consider changing its name to Gravesend & Margate FC??????

offline American FLEET FAN No1

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Well if you believe every thing you read it will be called Gillingham FC!

offline MRP

MRP
  • Reserves
Jake Leberl is quality, I watched him develop at Dover although not the biggest centre half I have seen him outjump much bigger centre forwards and not lose a header all game he is also a very tenacious tackler and marker. Jake also plays the midfield holding role well but for me he is a centre half of Conference or above quality, an added bonus is he is good at set pieces and scores his share of goals, sign him.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Agreed. Leberl is a quality centre half, on his day one of the best in the Conference. His tackling is very impressive, especially for a defender who lacks size. He won all the player of the year awards when we went down and I'm sure has improved as the Conference has since then.

You could do a lot worse than sign Jake certainly.

offline Hempstead Gaz

Hempstead Gaz
  • National Squad - 1st XI
With ade having retired through injury, and the Duke not fully fit, we only have the eteren Porter as cover for Shears and mooro if Lee goes to Welling.
Might be worth an offer.

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Porter is 29, so hardly a veteren!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Leberl has signed for Dagenham

0 user(s) are reading this topic