Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Latest Transfer Targets

Quote:
Odd that we seem to be targeting the Gits players

Not really. Margate is not a full-time outfit, and neither are we.

Despite what we may harp on about, they do have players of Conference quality.

Most of these will live nearby(ish) and wish to continue playing at the highest level possible.

And I reckon it's fantastic that we can be seen to further ourselves at Margate's expense!

Quote:
Bloodnock said:
Odd that we seem to be targeting the Gits players,does anyone have an opinion of Leberl?

Maybe not such a shock - as I seem to recall reading in The Reporter last season that most of Margate's training sessions were held in Gravesend!

Another ex-Margate Player, Nick Roddis (England Semi-Pro midfielder) has parted company with Aldershot today. See:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aldershot/3770415.stm

Whats the chances of him joining?

On another matter, does anyone know if we are being sent renewal forms for our season ticket as in past years? If the Club are relying on people making the effort themselves to renew tickets by contacting the club they may find some people wont bother - all lost revenue!

Quote:
Student Scum said:
Despite what we may harp on about, they do have players of Conference quality.

Most of these will live nearby(ish) and wish to continue playing at the highest level possible.

And I reckon it's fantastic that we can be seen to further ourselves at Margate's expense!

Can't see how they will further us when we finished above them in the league without their players. How's them joining us gonna "further us"?? Surely it will "rewind" us (for want of a better word) wink.gif

Quote:
Chad said: Can't see how they will further us when we finished above them in the leagues wink.gif

I realise it's a half-tongue-in-cheek comment designed again to infuriate and blow a huge Norf Kent raspberry in the face of those from the Git, buuuuuut......you wouldn't want us to sign Lee Boylan then?

leberl played for dover at this level before going to the git. he's also useful at c/half played there with shearer along side him in dovers best season strong tackler and very commited only problem is he tends to see red quite often and after reading some of the other posts we have enough of these type of players already

I also note from articles in the local press that there are plans afoot to reduce the number of political wards from 6 to 5 effectively removing the name Northfleet from the political scene. Going by the way the 'Fleet' seem to be snapping up Margate players, it would perhaps appear that if the name Northfleet does completely disappear the club might consider changing its name to Gravesend & Margate FC??????

Jake Leberl is quality, I watched him develop at Dover although not the biggest centre half I have seen him outjump much bigger centre forwards and not lose a header all game he is also a very tenacious tackler and marker. Jake also plays the midfield holding role well but for me he is a centre half of Conference or above quality, an added bonus is he is good at set pieces and scores his share of goals, sign him.

Agreed. Leberl is a quality centre half, on his day one of the best in the Conference. His tackling is very impressive, especially for a defender who lacks size. He won all the player of the year awards when we went down and I'm sure has improved as the Conference has since then.

You could do a lot worse than sign Jake certainly.