Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The hole in the roof?

Having driven past the ground the other day, I noticed that the hole in the Stonebridge Road stand roof is still there.

I know that there were supposed to be plans afoot to perhaps install a permanent media/tv gallery?

Surely the club does not plan to start the new season with the hole in the roof. God! the stands are in bad enough condition without the self-inflicted hole remaining there.

I am sure that if the hole had been above the directors box on the main stand it would have been covered by now.

Perhaps the Club is waiting for the outcome of the Gill's decision relating to the Temple Marsh development before deciding to spend any money on the ground?

The Gill's have to make a decision soon so presumably our own situation regarding the ground, grants available and leases will be clarified soon.

If you are that concerned by the hole in the roof why don't you offer your services to the club to fix it. There is still a long way to go and a lot of hard work to be done at the club, the ground has barely been touched in fifty years. I am excited about the team for next season and would like to commend the club on their efforts in this area. Everything isn't perfect but I'm sure that it won't be too difficult to stand either side of the hole if necessary

Quote:
FleetFanatic said:
You make it sound like our future depends on Gillingham.

Perhaps the club are reluctant to spend too much money because of our own plans for relocation.

I certainly hope you are right and I'm wrong there FleetFanatic - only time will tell!

Quote:
FleetFanatic said:
Quote:
Blinkjim said:
Do we have any plans for relocation???

Apparently so - just a few hundred yards or so towards the Thames from where we are now.

Do we have an exact location, or a timetable for when designs are being made. or is this all just speculation???

Wallace Park is in the opposite direction.

Do you recall our chairman's reply to the Gillingham proposal?

08/04/04 Fleet & Gills in Gravesend?

In reponse to the news that Gillingham chairman Paul Scally has expanded on his threat to leave Medway in a TV interview, his Gravesend & Northfleet counterpart, Brian Kilcullen, has issued the following statement; "Paul Scally asked to meet me in December and explained his plans for a new ground development at Temple Marsh, Strood, but mentioned that, if unsuccessful, he might seek alternatives elsewhere in Kent. He mentioned Gravesham as being an attractive location and asked if we would be interested in sharing a ground.

I explained that I clearly needed to think it through carefully but that I would retain an open mind if I felt it would be in the interests of Gravesend & Northfleet FC. I explained that we had already identified the potential in the borough ourselves and had been working closely with our landlord and council representatives since January 2003 on developing the existing site and/or a new one . It was agreed that Paul Scally would work on Temple Marsh and we would work on our project until such time as his project looked in doubt. We would then address the pros and cons in detail."

Quote:
Blinkjim said:
where about is wallace park from where the ground is now?

Right behind the Northfleet End, it's the group of exclusive and executive 'des-res' apartments that loom over the stand, nestled between leafy green avenues, designed for yer more discerning ABC1-profile high-income-bracket types.

Fleet Fanatic, aka Super Daz.

Very eye catching new avatar, but it raises concerns in my little brain. Does the change suggest you're going through some kind of identity crisis at present?

The thought of you turning up next season having undergone "major rebuilding works" & dressed in one of the skimpy little numbers on display in your avatar, fills me with almost as much dread as John@TheFleet's recent confession that he favoured wearing blue & green stockings & suspenders, during away games, to bring the team luck.

Say it's not so, Daz, say it's not so.

EC

Panic Not U. G.

Daz's new avatar is in fact the new uniform for South Eastern Train's platform staff. It works on the principle that on the odd occasion that your train is late and you want to complain and you get the usual "Dunno Mate" answer, you will be so taken by the fetching outfits that you will decide not to chin the twat.

Love it!

Bit dodgy for dealing with groups of late night drunks, who've overslept, overshot their stop & missed the last train back, though. (Not that I've ever done this, of course. Whenever I've spent 4 hours or so on a sub zero Gillingham railway platform it's because I fancied testing my own powers of endurance.)

EC