Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Travel next season

Merv

conference-map.jpg

I know we simply have to get used to it if we want to watch our team at this level, but it's not what we are used to, is it?

Looking forward to some jolly-boys outings, just as long as we can come to some sensible arrangement re. moderate drinking on the coach. Carlisle looks like a 12-pack to me.

Carlisle by coach is going to be killer especially if no alcohol is allowed on the coach. I'm not sure if I could stomach a few cans at 3am in the morning (the time I imagine we would have to leave by coach!) but I'm willing to give it a go!

What you do is get heavily pi55ed the night before, and stay up drinking until its time to get the coach.

Voila! 12 hours to sleep it off....time for a few more in Carlisle, and then sleep it off again on the way home. Sorted.

Hmm I'll bear that in mind but I bet we play Carlisle on a Tuesday night or even worse on a Bank Holiday!!

Usually. I imagine we will probably play Daggers or Gravesend, Boxing Day, quite possibly the Fleet after their derby team Margate were chucked out of the Conference.

That map really rams it home how far we have come, and have got to go!

Fixtures must be due out in the not too distant. Thought I saw somwehere it was the 24th of this month. Unbelievable to think that when we get into July then the pre-seasons starts, and then come August!!

Saw that Di Canio has an extended 1 year at Charlton so could we see him here?

It seems that you play the same team Boxing Day and New Years day, the league ask for your preference and then try and work it out.

My choice would be the Daggers for Christmas, Gravesend at Easter.

You just know that we will have a nice saturday trip to Carlisle sorted only for it to be changed to a tuesday due to a cup game.

I think the distances involved for clubs of our size and most of the other Conference teams are a bit over the top. Perhaps non-league should go back to a regional set up with inter-regional playoffs at the end of the season? More local derbies would result in higher crowds and lower travel costs and should make clubs more financially stable.

Sorry to be boring!