Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

Football League loses the plot

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
12 replies to this topic

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Maybe I'm getting old or something, but this is absolute b*l*x.

Nonsense, for the sake of it

Perhaps in future some bright spark might think we can do without penalty shoot-outs, and the team with the quickest and most text messages in 20 minutes will win the game... I hate the 21st century...

offline Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
You can bet that a bunch of consultants got paid a fortune for coming up with that cr*p.....they probably laughed all the way to the wine bar.

offline American FLEET FAN No1

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Sounds like a scheme for the top 2 divisions to abandon the bottom 2.........Changing the name to the Championship will not help a team to survive in the Prem....I bet there is a significant shift in TV money to go along with this plan!

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
Whats wrong with the old 1st,2nd,3rd,4th, divisions its all complete crap now, just think if we get promoted we go up to the 2nd div (league 2 ).

offline jc

jc
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
The stupid thing about the name 'The Championship' is that it suggests that it is the league all English teams want to be in, when in reality all of the teams in it want to get out of it in order to reach the Premiership. So as a name, it's totally inappropriate.

And I thought 'Conference National' was a stupid name...

offline Cookie

Cookie
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Margate FC -- Nottm.Forest
IS THERE A CONFERENCE INTER-NATIONAL I ASK? dONT THINK SO SO WHAT A STUPID THING TO DO.TO CHANGE IT TO THAT.Why do these people not concentrate on more important things in life other than to change a name.Beggars belief!

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
Almost as silly as those ex Ryman, Dr Marten & Unibond clubs describing their place in Conference North/South as a promotion.....

offline chris blanc

chris blanc
  • First XI - Permanent
In the end I blame it all on the Premiership getting too much time, credit and money

offline Bloodnock

Bloodnock
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Yeah the "Premiership", (still think it's a really god awful name)is completely ruining football and as for the new "idea" for the 1st div; well who is apparently behind it? Brian Mawhinney,nothing more needs to be said as far as i'm concerned, well at least nothing that I might leave myself open to libel charges.

offline Student Scum

Student Scum
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Quote:
Milwall chairman Theo Paphitis said:
"The extra sponsorship money from Coca Cola will go directly to the clubs but the re-branding will allow us to market ourselves which will bring in more revenue."

The Coca-Cola Championship...? Coca-Cola League One...? Coca-Cola League Two...?
I ****ing ask you, does this smack of the worst kind of Americanised rebranding or what?!
Whatever next...? Teams uprooting themselves from their local community, playing in a totally different part of the country and still hanging onto their ... um ... original ... erm ... name......
Oh Bugger! It's all been in the pipeline for years hasn't it?!

Reminds me of the farcical launch of the Premier League in 92. Anyone remember the cheer-leaders and fireworks...?

offline Stu M

Stu M
Quote:
Student Scum said:

Whatever next...?
/

What next? Probably the McDonalds Supersize Play-offs for promotion into the Go-Large League, followed by an amalagamation of competitions to be known as the Two-For-One FA and League Cups, winning of which will get you into the Buy-Now, Pay-Later European Champions League. Wan.... Kers.

offline American FLEET FAN No1

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Quote:
Stu M said:
Quote:
Student Scum said:

Whatever next...?
/

What next? Probably the McDonalds Supersize Play-offs for promotion into the Go-Large League, followed by an amalagamation of competitions to be known as the Two-For-One FA and League Cups, winning of which will get you into the Buy-Now, Pay-Later European Champions League. Wan.... Kers.

Do you want Fries with that?????

offline John@TheFleet

John@TheFleet
  • Reserves Coach
In 2 years' time, the players will be wearing oversized shoulder pads, gusset enhancers and be allowed to pick the (oval) ball up and run for 10 yards with it. After that, there'll be a 10 minute team huddle to decide what direction to go in next. For F's sake, LEAVE OUR BLOODY GAME ALONE!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus