Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Junior McDougald

Hows junior doing with your lot? i was sad to see him leave bcoz he is a quality player, perfect gentlement and rememberd me asking for his shirt at the start of his last season with us and gave me his playoff shirt. neway hows he doin?

CANV - Let's be honest mate, he hasn't done THAT well really. Alright, fair enough, hes had some crackers, some times when he's tried to do Cristiano Ronaldo skills and... Sometimes when he just doesnt get the ball. The guy seems to be afraid of shooting and I'd rather see Ollie/Greggors/Lee all secure a place before he could get into the team. All round I'd say when I've seen him, I wouldnt say he was too good (I think my expectations were too high because he was so highly rated at D&R.) Still a handy bloke to have around though.

To be honest he's not done himself justice.

He undoubtably has talent but when the goals don't come he loses either confidence or interest. I'm not sure whether in the Ryman he was just playing below his natural level, hopefully next year in the Conference he will start putting performances like those at D&R.

A further part of the problem is that he can't play with Lee Boylan. They just duplicate runs and get in each other's way.

Not quite sure how Jeff will keep him happy next year if he's still on the bench, unless it's with a big wad of cash.

I feel junior is a good player to have in our squad for next season. he has plenty of conf experience which will be important to us next season.

He holds the ball up well and when he does shoot he knows where the goal is. The two telford games stick in my mind where he played a major part in our success.

Think hes past his best and would struggle in the Conference,his first touch lets him down and he is too lightweight and is easily bundled off the ball.With some of the big defenders ive seen in the Conference he wouldnt stand a chance,surprised hes still at Park Lane.

We really struggled last season when Greggors was out and he replaced him.

I dunno. Ollie always seems to pop up in the right place and I'm hoping that a return to the Conference will get Junior going again.

You're right about the need to strengthen the depth in the squad though. We were really lucky last year with several near-ever presents.

A couple of injuries at the same time, particularly early in the season could leave us in a difficult position.