Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matt Lee

James

You seem to have a major problem with Gravesend & Northfleet FC and the people that run it. How many clubs' advertise the fact that a past player has joined another club - you div.

The only major problem I have with the people who run the club is the lack of information. Indeed I was one of the few who supported Andy at the start of last season when many were calling for him to go. The website has been a farce and our overpaid and apparently underworked CE has been a complete failure in terms of raising the profile and thus attendances at this club since he has been here. Indeed our attendances have fallen despite an improved team and improved performances and why should I apologise for that. I have supported this club through thick and thin since we were last in the conference and if I have a problem I should be allowed to express without being personally abused for doing so. What exactly is the defiinition of a 'div' anyway

I think that if you check your facts you will find that Matt Lee became a 'free agent' when his contract expired at the end of last season. This would of course mean that the club would have no interest/control in whoever he signed for.

In response to James,I too have supported the club for many years my first match being the Sunderland FA Cup match in 1964. I choose not to post too often on this site but find interest in regularly browsing it and reading the diversity of comments. I must say that I have grown increasingly perplexed at the negativity of your comments when as far as I am concerned and I am sure this is a view shared by the majority of ordinary supporters, the club is performing at a level never before achieved. I have certainly not seen better in 40 years on or off the pitch. You are offended by my description of you in an earlier post, but your personal outbursts against Mr Aitken in my view are equally bigotted, biased and unnecessary. This is a public forum and comments of this nature are not only damaging to the club but are indirectly critical of the Chairman and his Board of Directors who in my opinion have dragged this club from nowhere to where we are today. Unless you know more about Mr Aitken as an individual than the rest of us ordinary supporters I suggest you cease your personal attacks and in turn help your club. If you have inside sources then perhaps you should publically reveal them on this forum and I will publically apologise and bow to your superior knowledge. I know that everything is not perfect at the club, I am sure that some staff perform better than others and that communication could be imptoved. We must give the Chairman credit,I am sure he will continue to resolve any issues that stand in the way of our club's progress. Lets be positive my friend and look forward to a season like none before, the current incumbents at the club deserve nothing but praise in my view.

Quote:
Anonymous said:
I think that if you check your facts you will find that Matt Lee became a 'free agent' when his contract expired at the end of last season. This would of course mean that the club would have no interest/control in whoever he signed for.

Interesting choice of words - whilst the club would have no interest / control in whoever he signed for, are you saying the club control whether their supporters have any interest in the information?

Perhaps most fans would like to know the transfers into and out of the club over the summer.

That way the 'div' who didn't want to know in June won't suddenly ask in November stupid questions such as 'What happened to Matt Lee? Is he still at the club?' Considering your claim to be a Fleet supporter of many years, I'm surprised at your lack of interest in 'former players' as most of the geriatrics from your generation never shut up about players of the past (only joking lads!)

Do you think Arsenal fans never talk about Pat Jennings? Man Utd fans never mention George Best? I suppose most Liverpool fans wouldn't even know about Souness, Dalglish or Rush?

The point I am making is ALL things to do with club activity are relevant.

Quote:
Anonymous said:
I must say that I have grown increasingly perplexed at the negativity of your comments when as far as I am concerned and I am sure this is a view shared by the majority of ordinary supporters.

That was a party political broadcast on behalf of the know-it-all-but can't be bothered-to-register party.

Quote:
Anonymous said:
I have certainly not seen better in 40 years on or off the pitch.

Careful.....you finally posted something I have to agree with.

Quote:
Anonymous said:
.....your personal outbursts against Mr Aitken in my view are equally bigotted, biased and unnecessary. This is a public forum and comments of this nature are not only damaging to the club but are indirectly critical of the Chairman and his Board of Directors who in my opinion have dragged this club from nowhere to where we are today. Unless you know more about Mr Aitken as an individual than the rest of us ordinary supporters I suggest you cease your personal attacks and in turn help your club. If you have inside sources then perhaps you should publically reveal them on this forum and I will publically apologise and bow to your superior knowledge. I know that everything is not perfect at the club, I am sure that some staff perform better than others and that communication could be imptoved. We must give the Chairman credit,I am sure he will continue to resolve any issues that stand in the way of our club's progress. Lets be positive my friend and look forward to a season like none before, the current incumbents at the club deserve nothing but praise in my view.

Er..... has freedom of speech died?

I didn't realise this was about grammar and spelling but more about diversity of comment.

I can fully understand now why only about a dozen of you bother to post- sorry to have invaded your space.

I leave now in full satisfaction that you represent a true minority of 'Fleet'support.

I would have thought that Spurs fans would have had more call to remember the genius Pat Jennings ??? as they appear to have not done so well as Arsenal over the last few (35 ?) years. I have no axe to grind here as I am not fussed about either club.....so just a general comment !! Just think that Jennings was one of the all time great goalkeepers that I have seen ( apart from the game where Sheff Wed won 2-1 at White Hart Lane, 24 Aug 1968 ! I was there !!) ...jokes on a postcard please...I have probably heard them all before !!

Why didn't Postiga score for Spurs last season like he scored for Portugal last Thurs ?? Answers on a postcard again please !!!

Come on the pre season friendlies, and Aug 14th......or I will have to bore you all further with my opinions & witterings !!!!!

Cheers,

elephant.gif elephant.gif elephant.gif

In response to Fleetbee response to me, I have always fully supported Brian, Andy, Adrian, Ron and Phil when they were here but that does not mean I have to fully agree with every decision they make and on the evidence presented so far Mr Aitken has proved to be an unmitigated disaster and I do not think he can claim to have played much part in the success we have had, indeed looking at areas in the programme the player sponsorship and other appear to be distinctly lacking which surely was one of his prime areas of responsibility. However I do like the way after personally insulting me you then say Lets be positive my friend.( you hypocrite) And yes on one note I do agree with you that communication could definately be improved. And long live free speech that you seem so keen to stifle.

As for Matt Lee, I'd just like to say what a great servant he has been for the club - in fact, he is our longest-serving current player. Versatile in defence and always gave his all for the Fleet cause. Best of luck at Welling Matt.

Just like to wish Matt good luck at Welling, I am sure T'osh and the boys will make him very welcome.

Very dependable , never let us down and was a worthy winner of the Trusts sportsman award for last season.

One the best memories of last season was his last minute screamer at Stevenage and the celebration afterwards.

The newcomers at the club have a lot to live up, if they are to match Matts dedication.

Quote:
Fleet fan said: still cant see why his going

Probably because he knows he isn't a first choice anymore, with Gledhill, Shearer, Moore and Skins looking the likely central defensive partnership for the start of the season (although I could be wrong). Also, he's got plenty of old mates at Welling grin.gif