Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Scally

Quote:
Call to arms...build the baricades....fight them on the beaches ( or the mud !!)

You are not on your own on this one, Kentish men and men of Kent never the twain shall meet. Lets harness the spirit of that most ardent of Men of Kent despisers, Bishop Odo.

Lets not forget the momument in Swanscombe honouring us kentish men , when we earnt the county its motto of Invicta.

Lets do it for Odo, lets do it for the pride of Invicta, lets do it for an independant Fleet.

Anyway, the Gills have got more to lose than us on this one. They move to Gravesham and they will get renamed and lose all their identity. Ebbsfleet Gills anyone !!

Well i live in Medway and contribute to Medway taxes, i choose to live in Medway and have done since 1976, but as i was born in Northfleet i support the first team i ever went to see, back in 1960, which is also the year Gillingham played at Stonebridge Rd due to the closure of Priestfield due to crowd problems i think it was.

I want Gillingham to stay in Medway, they belong to Medway and i believe they will stay, but many Gills fans live in Gravesend and surrounding areas so perhaps some people will be pleased if they do move, whatever happens i doubt if the supporters of both clubs will have any say in it.

The floating fans will always go to successful clubs be it Fleet, Gills or even Charlton, would this debate be going on if Fleet were still a mid table Ryman side, we have picked up over 500 new fans in our climb up the ladder, remember the day at Villa where did the 7000 Fleet fans go to when we next played at home game after that match.

Gills fans are the same they were down to 2000 in the dark days of 1995 but have since climbed back to around 7000-8000, they cannot fill Priestfield at the moment even when the big name div 1 sides come down, i do not think this area can support this venture, to many football fans go to Charlton, Spurs etc or do not even bother to go to Gills or Fleet, hopefully the idea will die and float away for ever or Paul Scally will go back to Supporting Millwall.

It would be interesting to know how many Fleet fans go to other clubs as well, i for one go to Gills whenever possible, but if Fleet are at home they always come first. i do know several Gills fans who come to Fleet when Gills are away.

Mepis said: It would be interesting to know how many Fleet fans go to other clubs as well, i for one go to Gills whenever possible, but if Fleet are at home they always come first. i do know several Gills fans who come to Fleet when Gills are away.

It would surprise me if many Fleet fans go to Gillingham if the Fleet are away........Charlton seems to be the chosen OTHER club!

Quote:
Mepis said:
...It would be interesting to know how many Fleet fans go to other clubs as well, i for one go to Gills whenever possible, but if Fleet are at home they always come first. i do know several Gills fans who come to Fleet when Gills are away.

I used to go to Charlton when I was a kid, years ago (I was a mascot once, got to meet the players on the middle of the pitch in front of thousands of fans!!!) I have not been for years for two reasons:

1) I believe you should be loyal to one club and, if possible, that club should be in the town you are born. (just my opinion) smile.gif

2) It would cost me around 35 quid to go and watch Charlton this season where as it cost me just over 10 quid to watch GNFC (including petrol). (Less this season as I have got my first GNFC season ticket)!

I don't know if it was planned (probably not) but the home fixtures at the season (except for 04/09) do not clash with the Kent Cricket home games! So I am pleased as punch that I can watch my two favourite sports!! smile.gif