Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-November 17 )

• Photo
    ASF

• Photo
    Red Neck

• Photo
    cityman

• Photo
    Fleet boys

• Photo
    Windsor Castle's Moat

2004-2005

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
20 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Can any one answer these questions

1) with the appointment of a new manager what has happened to Paul Wildman and Jason Kirby

2) Why weren't they offered the job

3) Apart from James Bunn is their any news of other signings

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
you won't find any EFC supporters offering up information or discussion on this forum. So as a supporter of a different club, maybe i could fill you in on the latest.

signings.

James Bunn (ex ETFC)
Dave Allen (ex ETFC)
Ronnie Watson(ex ETFC)

Greg Howell (ex EFC)
Al James Hannigan (ex EFC- Unconfirmed)
Liam Baptise (Waltham Forest-unconfirmed)

offline Father Jack

Father Jack
  • Reserves Coach
  • rank
  • Supports: Enfield Town, Mayfield CC
  • Fav. Player(s): Nipper Lawrence, Billy Dane, Hamish Balfour
  • Fav. Sport(s): Golf and strangling animals
As far as I know, Paul is to be David Mc Donald's assistant next season, and Jason Kilby reserve team manager

offline syrup

syrup
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Twitter
Jason will manage the senior youth side, Paul will be Ast Manager to McDonald.They were told when they took the jobs last year what was going to happen this season and were very happy with it.
We had our 1st training session today and had about 45 players there.
we have also signed Dean McAteer "attacking midfielder who can play up front" from Harlow who are not very pleased at loosing him

LS we will answer questions but we wont answer questions that don't concern anyone else accept EFC that are sometimes asked

offline MbrunoB

MbrunoB
  • Supports: ETFC, ETLFC, ARSENAL, YB SK Beveren & The Wonderful World of MOD
  • Foes: SCUMMERS you know who you are!!
  • Fav. Player(s): Dennis Bergkamp + Claire Ford ;-)
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Speedway & Darts
  • Twitter
You wont answer questions from anyone who is not a supporter?That seems a very grown up attitude and a wonderful way to bring in and interest the new supporters you need to prosper and survive.

offline syrup

syrup
  • Twitter
no i wont answer questions on our finances as it has nothing to do with anyone accept the club.i mean i have not asked how much more you are paying rudi hall than we offerd him and i know it is more.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Maybe he just fancied playing in front of a crowd....Are you going to try to fill your entire team with ex Enfield Town players.?

offline MbrunoB

MbrunoB
  • Twitter
Going down the ex-player route is a bit dangerous LS as we have more of their ex-players than they do of ours,I suppose more players want to better them selves than don`t.

offline Jim Cunneen

Jim Cunneen
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Shortwood Utd, ETFC
  • Foes: Witney, Bitton
  • Fav. Player(s): Andy Hoskins,
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket
Would we expect to talk about details of our finances with others - NO.

Why should they.

I am pleased that EFC are seeming to make a go of it - as I am sure most other ETFC fans are. Clubs like ours are bound to have cross over of players. So what. Personally if players go to EFC then it is up to them. I dont like it - but it is a fact of life. If we play EFC you will have your opportunity to tell them personally if you want to.

In the meantime let EFC just get on with it. I have said it before I congratulate the remaining people for keeping it all going.

offline syrup

syrup
  • Twitter
thank you jim some sence at last

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Quote:
brunob said:
Going down the ex-player route is a bit dangerous LS as we have more of their ex-players than they do of ours,I suppose more players want to better them selves than don`t.

Slightly different, Bruno B

But we bought players that had played in the Ryman premier from a well established club (EFC 1893).We also reconised that the ex-clubs history was part of us.

EFC are getting players released from a club that have just been formed and play in the Essex senior league, of whom they have no history with.

offline MbrunoB

MbrunoB
  • Twitter
They are still the same club,just a few years down the line,I was pointing out that having a go about ex-players is stupid and pointless.
I also hope the old club prosper and go on and have no wish to run them down,but a fan run club like ours and now them should be open with the fans.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
Obviously EFC as it now exists are ETFC's main local rivals. In the same way i didn't like EFC players going to Barnet in the old days, I don't like the thought of ETFC players going to EFC. I'm sure EFC fans didn't like their ex-players joining us.

A

offline MbrunoB

MbrunoB
  • Twitter
I dont mind ware our former players go and wish them luck ware ever it is,just as long as they remember ware they come from and did their best while they were with us.

offline MK James

MK James
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Enfield & Brimsdown United (2010)
Quote:
lovely stuff said:
I'm sure EFC fans didn't like their ex-players joining us.

Couldn't care less mate, if players want to move on or aren't good enough then we're better off without them.

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
I think we were interested in signing EFC players who had played for the club BEFORE the split. Ie..Ryman premier standard. To be fair, we certainly wouldn't have wanted any of EFC's players that have played for them in the last 4 seasons.

Saying that, i feel this season EFC will have their strongest squad since the split.You have signed 3 players of very good footballing ability (but very suspect temperaments)...You're not alone ETFC have resigned Rudi Hall.

offline andyetfc

andyetfc
What's Rudi Hall resigned too?

offline MbrunoB

MbrunoB
  • Twitter
resigned to playing in the borough not someware else.

offline ETFC Neil

ETFC Neil
  • First XI - Sub
ware would that be I wonder

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
One day my name will be spelt correctly, it was only wrong in about the lst 6 programmes last year.

As syrup said, Paul was asked to run the team for the remainder of last season and I was asked to help out. As it goes it was a fantastic experience, hearing Paul gee the guys up before the games, give them a bollocking at half time v Harlow at "home" and rationalise the implosion of the Wealdstone game.

This season as you know Dave McDonald is running the 1st team with Paul becoming his number 2, I have helped out the pre-season training and games (although running the line at Hadley wasn't ideal) and now am getting to grips putting together a senior youth team which has only one or two players from last year. I shall be around at occasional games offering my many words of wisdom and laughing at Paul's comical abuse of linesmen. I shall be at the Chalfont game this Saturday at5 the very least.

The senior youth team is coming together. After patching a side together and being stuffed by Potters Bar, we more than competed with Cheshunt before some late mistakes and a missed penalty.

Last night with played almost our strongest side, the addition of our new keeper Sam made a big difference. With a few players playing positions they'd never played before or within the last 3 years we looked very well balanced, dominated the game against Harlow, who apparently had a very strong side out, and eventually won 1-0 (would have been 2-0 if the ref had awarded the penalty rather than blow up for full time).

There are at least 5 players who could step up into the reserves immediately and who will do with a few of the others next year, before claiming regular places in the 1st team in the years to come.

The board members have been very encouraging since they took over, something the club has needed since I used to watch them as a teenager.

It's also pleasing that the managers and coaches of the youth teams have been especially generous and forward looking in pushing their places up through the ranks.

Jason Kilby (Senior Youth Manager)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus