Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The play offs

James

So you can all plan your holidays etc. The conference have just announced the play off dates

conference guide - news

- news index for july 2004

> thursday 8th july 2004 sky drops york/hereford game

saturday 10th july 2004

play-off final dates

The dates of the various end-of-season play-offs for 2004/5 are now known.

In each of the three divisions of the Conference, the teams finishing 2nd to 5th will meet in play-offs. The semi-finals will be two legs, with the first legs being 5th v 2nd, and 4th v 3rd. The second legs will then be 2nd v 5th and 3rd v 4th.

The winners of the semi-finals meet in single-leg finals.

The winners of the 'national' final win promotion to the football league.

The winners of the 'north' play-offs meet the winners of the 'south' play-offs in a 'promotion final' match. The winners of that game win promotion to the National division of the Conference.

The dates are as follows:

Monday 2nd May 2005: Semi-final 1st legs

Thursday 5th May 2005: Semi-final 2nd legs

Saturday/Sunday 14th or 15th May 2005: Play-off finals for National, North, South

Friday-Sunday 20th to 22nd May 2005: Promotion final (north winner v south winner)

Note that the FA Trophy final is on the 22nd May. The FA Cup final is on the 21st.

Coincidentally, the proposed forward planner for next year arrived on my desk at work this morning. Have used what little influence I have to put an absolute embargo on any important meetings being arranged for 5th May.

Over-confident? Moi? If I was I'd have assumed we will be finishing 2nd or 3rd and therefore at home, so I'd only worry about making provision against the 9 or 10 evening meetings foisted upon us.

EC