Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Charlton

As long as PDC plays I don't care!

I contacted Charlton who told me: "The first team squad are due to play at Colchester on August 3rd, however a Charlton eleven, made up of reserves and youngsters will also play at Canvey Island." So looks like you'll have to go to Colchester to (maybe) see PDC !

I have been in touch with Charlton and as they are away in China at the moment, NO decision has been made as to who will play at either match. A decision will be made nearer the date and a likely scenario will be that the squad will be split between the two fixtures. Who did you speak to Exile ?

I emailed the club yesterday and received a reply today. They have also updated their fixture lists to show the reserves playing at Canvey. It's a shame in a way that they agreed to both fixtures as it means one set of supporters may end up feeling hard done by, unless of course they split their first team and reserve squads across both games.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read tonights Echo and according to Jeff "Charlton are bringing their first team" so that`s good news. I also checked Colchester`s website and they are due to play a West Ham first team on wednesday so i think their game against Charlton tommorow must be reserves.

This is the sort of game that if advertised well could attract a big crowd, so far this doesn`t seem to be happening! When Julian Dicks made his home debut for us he added at least 1000 people to the gate, i`m sure the same thing could happen if Di Canio was on the teamsheet.

Colchester played West Ham last Wednesday. Charlton's website front page advertises the Colchester game as the next first team game, while Colchester's site says it is their last friendly. The Canvey game is still listed in Charlton's reserve fixtures. It's a shame Charlton agreed to both games on the same night. Let's hope there is a reasonable turnout of first teamers in both games.

And i`m sure there will be plenty of others with the same opinion YB. Charlton reserves (if that`s the team they bring) will probably be the best away team to play at Park Lane this season but more people will turn up if they know a few stars will be playing.

Do my eyes deceive me ? Has the official website got some info on the Charlton game - in advance of kick-off ? Yes it has. It says we are playing a Charlton XI (reckon they got that off Teletext) and more importantly prices are slashed: fiver for adults, three for concessions. Wonder if they will keep the experiment going for Hornchurch ? Anyway whatever team Charlton bring they should hopefully be playing in front of a reasonable crowd.

Hmm that sounds ominous. Expect the youth team to turn up!!!

Would be nice if the likes of Di Canio, Euell, Johansson and Chris Powell are out on the Park Lane pitch.

Its a pity that all the friendlies hadn't been £5.00 admittance, we would have been looking at many more in attendance for tommorrow and future games. Many people, having already had to dig deep for previous games may not even bother to turn up, the clubs PR team have got to somehow let everyone know that it is £5.00, a lot of people do not have the use of the internet!!