Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-September 17 )

• Photo
    GaryFB

• Photo
    Harry J Allstars

• Photo
    PJ!

• Photo
    Jenko

• Photo
    NelsonM

• Photo
    RamsgateMICK

• Photo
    roxya

The mighty Enfield........ Town FC

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
10 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
It has to be said, after ETFC's impressive win last night I wonder when an Enfield derby in the league is likely to happen. In the not too distant future I bet (of course as long as Laz hasn't taken one of the proudest names in non-league history into liquidation!)<P>PS This new style board is crap!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
ETFC's attendance last night (516) is considerably more than the total from EFC's first four 'home' matches (383). <P>Would EFC be able to handle the massive travelling support?

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Mr Happy,<P>What is wrong with the new style boards?<P>They look fine to me - after all, where else do you have all the fans of all the clubs in the league coming together??<P>Or is it more a case of this is Enfields board and not ETFC?<P>If you are going to come on here, at least be constructive with your criticism - if you know what the word constructive means.<P> images/icons/wink.gif" border="0<P>Observer.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Mr Observer - the board is visually unattractive and cumbersome to use. The Bravenet board beats it on both these points, although there did seem to be problems sometimes with Bravenet going down. And, as presumably you are aware, the Bravenet board was for EFC. And there is another board for ETFC (much better attended than this one, by the way), so there's no call to suggest that criticism of this board is anything other than constructive.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Chris,<P>I think the colour scheme owes more to the background colour, than anything else - if you look at all the other boards on the site, then these all look fine.<P>As to Bravenet being easier to use - what rubbish - Bravenet is merely a flat list of articles placed into a tree. if you visit one message, you have to click on another button to read the next message - here you just scroll down.<P>Here you can click next and previosu to go back and forward in the topics - can you do that with Bravenet? Here you can do a search for messages - with Bravenet? Here you can add Graemlins - Bravenet? Here you can use additional code for links, bold etc., - Bravenet? Here you can register, and get emailed when someone replies to your message - Bravenet?<P>Need I go on - if the colours can be sorted out, it would be better - perhaps you can suggest 3 or 4 colours that go well with the blueish background?<P>Oh - and this board satys up, and doesn't keep going down like Bravenet.<P>Observer.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
It's all a matter of opinion really. I stick to my earlier message.

offline Colin, Germany

Colin, Germany
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
The colour scheme is a bit strange. I would expect more blue and white - it is an Enfield message board.<P>Most people on Bravenet include the whole thread with their message. Here it is better because it's automatic. In both cases you just scroll, but this one is better, because you read from the top and not from the bottom as in Bravenet.<P>Here you can click next and previosu to go back and forward in the topics. With Bravenet you have to go back to the list and choose the next one. <P>This message board has a search for messages, which Bravenet doesn't.<P> Here you can add Graemlins, with Bravenet smilies.<P>Both this message board and Bravenet have the option of allowing html, but Derek and Neil have both chosen not to. Here you can use additional code for links, bold etc. without the html option.<P>Here you can register, and get emailed when someone replies to your message. On Bravenet you can click a box to get e-mailed when someone replies. So Bravenet is more flexible on this point. You can choose to be e-mailed when someone replies to particular messages.<P>But I agree that when I read that the Enfield FC forum was moving from Bravenet, my first thought was that the main reason was the many times recently that Bravenet has been down.<P>However, I now think that the main advantage is that a number of Ryman forums are together in one place.<P>So I agree that this may well be better than Bravenet when the colours are improved, although the above arguments exaggerate the case.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Hi Colin, Mr Happy, Observer, Chris Bull and Colin Germany,<P>I set the boards up to make a service available to all clubs in the league, and this includes Enfield (and maybe ETFC next year).<P>The majority of the boards, are using standard colours, and even the other club boards use a lighter background.<P>My problem was trying to find four colours to go with the blue background - my initial choice of colours was fine, but the black text did not show up properly, so I had to change all the colours, and the text to white.<P>I am still not 100% happy with the colours - so if anyone can suggest a better colour scheme, please let me know. Maybe we will have to go back to a white background?<P>On the other points - this type of board is one of the most popular globally, with many organisations using it - in fact UBB, who make the boards, have seen other companies emerge who have based their boards on the style of UBB.<P>If you get to know the boards, then I am confident that you will find them easy to use, especially if you register.<P>We will soon be introducing the ability to be notified when someone replies to your reply, whereas at the moment, you are only notified if you start the topic off.<P>This is the only forum out of 14, where you do not have to register - as Slough's board has had a similar number of posts, along with the Premier Division board, this does not appear to be a major handicap.<P>If you have any suggestions including improving the colour scheme, or the boards in general please let me know at admin@isthmian.com <P>Cheers,<P>Ian.

offline .Ian

.Ian
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by admin:<BR><STRONG>My problem was trying to find four colours to go with the blue background - my initial choice of colours was fine, but the black text did not show up properly, so I had to change all the colours, and the text to white.<P>I am still not 100% happy with the colours - so if anyone can suggest a better colour scheme, please let me know. Maybe we will have to go back to a white background?<P></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have altered the colours, let me know, what you think.<P>Ian.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
what a great turn out last night for towns game of the 518 in the crowd only about 12 were leyton fans just goes to show the town are now the premier non league team in the borough and those fans who turned up last night aint going back to the wood sorry.

offline Colin, Germany

Colin, Germany
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ian CIFC:<BR><STRONG><P>I have altered the colours, let me know, what you think.<P>Ian.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, these colours are certainly better. I thought this would get sorted out quickly.<P>One other advantage that Bravenet still seems to have even after the e-mail enhancement which is coming is that the branching of threads is easier to follow.<P>Nevertheless, it does seem that this format is somewhat better than Bravenet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus