Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

NEW SEASON COVERAGE

Get all the latest news and scores for the Fleet this season with BBC Radio Kent. Tune in 5 times a day every weekday, (0630, 0830, 1320, 1730, 1830), fridays from 1800 - 1900 and on saturdays between 1400 - 1800. You can also get the travel news every 15 minutes to get you home on matchdays. 96.7FM, 104.2FM, 774MW, DAB Digital Radio and on line bbc.co.uk/kent Have a great season!

The above posting is a generic one we've put on all forums but our intention is to carry on with away commentaries on the website as last season where facilities and terms allow. We probably won't do home commentaries, but might do if they start to really matter. We'll still be at all the matches until there's definitely nothing on the games. My experience is, even with Gills, that there aren't that many people listening to home commentaries.

Enjoy the season. Sounds like it'll be a good one.

I will be using the magic box of tricks at Dorchester on Saturday to bring you extensive coverage in full colour on Radio Kent 96.7 FM. No shoddy mobiles this time!(Unless I forget how to use the kit).

I am travelling down tomorrow for the Salisbury game and will probably be able to give you a mini report from that match during Saturday's coverage. We seem to be the only footie match being covered by RK on Saturday so I might drift off into Henry Blofeld type "china clouds scudding across azure skies" commentary or on the other hand I may struggle to string two words together as usual.

I might also be able to bring you up to date on Rob's progress with the inflatable sheep he is sharing a tent with in Salisbury on Friday night. He says she is warm, caring, kind, considerate and, above all, bendy. The rest of the Half Way Line have chosen to doss in a bijou hotel in Bournemouth which we booked with our Saga charge cards. Bring on the Sanatogen - there's gonna be a riot in the West Country!!!

Quote:
Charles Webster said:
Rob's progress with the inflatable sheep he is sharing a tent with in Salisbury on Friday night. He says she is warm, caring, kind, considerate and, above all, bendy.

I thought he'd put Sally out to pasture by now... Is that where all that money we pay him goes...? mad.gif

Quote:
Alan W (GNFC) said:
Just use Radio Kent website - assuming RK are retaining match coverage on Saturdays (the first post doesnt make that clear) - mind you, with Margate gone, could we have commentaries on the Web for both home and away games?? (not that the home games bother me as I'll usually be there)

Thats like paying for a Rolls-Royce.......and getting a LADA!

Can I just correct you Stu the sheeps name is Flossie and having just spoken to Rob on his mobile he is sitting in Salisbury market square spending the money he gets from us on a well earned pint and talking fondly of how amorous Flossie is looking ready for tonight.

Mr Webster you disappoint me, after all my hours of trying to coach you the correct way i expect at least 3 words together

anyway how the devil are you old boy, im still recovering from going down south the other day (warrington) - No really it was Griffin park Brentford ,Wigan warriors were there so proper Rugby None of your Kick and clap you understand.

I have told RK im here if needed so you might have to suffer me sometimes this year - Morecambe away Aug 21 - sounds good if Matt okays it, and if my memory serves me right ,you didnt go to Christie Park last year in an epic 2-2 draw

The bard of Knotty ash

Quote:
Anonymous said:
anyway how the devil are you old boy, im still recovering from going down south the other day (warrington) - No really it was Griffin park Brentford ,Wigan warriors were there so proper Rugby None of your Kick and clap you understand.

Lost to the Southern Softies didn't you?

Dear Bard

Much to my shame I have never been to Morecambe. On botrh occasions we have been there I have managed to make it coincide with overseas trips and have forfeited the journey. Alas, this time I can't wriggle out of it and I think I will be experiencing the famous Morecambe chip shop for the first time. I trust the famous Kinsella hot pot has been working overtime in the summer brewing and stewing scouse to lay down for consumption in the coming season and I look forward to sharing a flagon of it with you - even though you still need to reciprocate for the bag of chips I bought you at Burton. So until the Bard and Lard show goes live again, it's goodnight from him and it's au revoir from Les Riggs love child.