Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Duku and Pat Gradley

michael

Gradley looked as though he had ability and given a chance could still develop into a decent player, if his confidence can be boosted.

Duku did indeed suffer a bad injury last year and hasnt looked the same player since. Hes actually looked a bit fitter in pre season than he was last season and had begun to look a bit sharper again, but still some way short of his commanding best.

He should still be perfectly capable of doing a job at Conference South level though.

Word in the bar before the game was that Francis has indeed left.

Probably wasn't ever back to his best after that stupid injury in a friendly at Weymouth. A shame. He was indeed a giant during our promotion season. I will never forget how he and Aaron Barnett (Satan & The Duke) terrified the living hell out of the Huddersfield forwards in the FA Cup.

Good luck Francis. Hope you do a great job wherever you go.

EC

PS I can own up on her behalf, now. My wife was one of his saucy online fan club a couple of seasons ago.

Duku did a great job in our Ryman Championship season, the bad injury has put him back and he was not the same player, i think the conference was one league to high, will do a great job for your league as for Gradley i thought he was ok, lost a bit of confidence but again will be ok for you.

Duku was immense in our championship season but has not been quite the same since his ankle injury and moving up to the conference good luck in the future and to echo meldrew what a goal at Canvey that was when I first believed we would win the league.

That would be cool, We could see how he would really cope against our strike force, as in the pre match warm ups he always seemed to have the "next move" well read and was there to intercept.

Quote:
meldrew said:
The Duke scored an amazing goal at Canvey,it put the bloody lights out!

Not many tap-ins from a couple of yards (from Che's saved free-kick on this occasion) warrant the description 'amazing', but I suppose the floodlights going out was a bit unusual. wink.gif

Come to think of it, the Fridge had a habit of scoring the odd key goal for us - and always from only a couple of yards out (e.g. Northwich at home the season before last, Margate at home last year...)

Best of luck to the Fridge for the future.