Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ben Sedgemore

ronin

The more i see of Sedgemore the more i like him. He`s strong in a tackle, quick to shut people down and has a good touch, but i also feel Dobbo has these qualities

Not sure how he`s going to fit into the team, i can`t see the c/midfield pairing of JK and Minton being split up but i guess some games we will play 5 in midfield with 1 up front and of course we will have injuries and suspensions during the season.

I reckon Dobbo is a better player than Sedgemore, there will be some tough games in this division and I reckon we will need to use Dobbo a lot more as he will protect the back four better than any of our other midfielders. Particularly away from home or when we are winning late on in games.

Sedgemore is ok but I rate him as 4th or 5th for a central midfield spot.

Sedgemore has looked OK so far. Gets stuck in and has shown some good skills as well.

I'm suprised we've signed him, I wasn't very impressed against Charlton. He was pretty good in the tackle and is pretty strong but I thought his passing was very poor. I certainly wouldn't put him ahead of Mints, JK, Ty, Parms, or Dobbo, so why sign him?????

I thiunk we'd be better of looking for a big forward to replace Gregory.

I agree, it looks as though we're going to struggle in the Conference if either Greggors or McDougald play, and I wouldn't advise playing Lee upfront on his own. In tonights paper Jeff basically said that this was to be the last of his pre-season signings unless someone comes along out of the blue, lets just hope the blue holds some luck!

I obviously respect Greggors for what he has done for the club, but it seems he really has hit the end of the track. One thing I used to find him a great footballer for was his ability to header, even that appears to have gone downhill now. He wasn't scoring too much last season, and this league is going to be a lot more challenging.

Can anyone see Ollie doing better? I think at times he's really proved himself, but just hasn't really had a good chance to play upfront with Lee in the friendlies.

I`ve got to disagree about Greggers, i think he`s done well in pre season and he looks fitter than he has for a while. I agree that we should (and no doubt are) be looking for someone to compete for his place but until that happens i still think Greggers/Boylan will be our first choice this season.

As I've said before on this site, I'm not a Gregory fan. Ok he's scored a few goals, but so should anyone playing for a team scoring 100+ a season. For me he's slow, his workrate is less than most and he doesn't win anywhere near as many headers as he should. I also think Junior is not the type of player to partner Boylan, though he is a good option as a sub.

I would be looking for a forward with a physical presence who can win the ball in the air and use his strength to compliment Boylans pace.

i wasnt a big greggory fan but he more than proved himself last season. all you have to look at is boylans goal scoring without him, it doesnt happen anywhere near as much. he puts himself in the box and battles and gets the ball to the other striker. ok he doesnt score that many but look at his assists. the boy is essential

greggors is a better footballer than many give him credit for.. everyone assumes he is just a big target man but he has that awareness of what going on around him .. and thats good for boylan who takes all the glory.. plus i wouldnt want to get in the way of one of greggors volleys... and he knows where the bar is.. which puts him even higher in my estimations!