Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 26-September 17 )

• Photo
    koplad

• Photo
    Stewarding

• Photo
    MTHead

• Photo
    Leroix

• Photo
    keano

Sutton V Enfield

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
13 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Well done to the players and manager for getting a result today. We should have one but at least we looked like we were capable. well done to the supporters who made more noise than Sutton.( I suppose that last comment allows the ETFC boys to make their snide comments)

offline MCD

MCD
  • Spectator
Good to see you at another game "Ipswich Wilk".<P>I agree that we should have won but a point is better than nothing and hopefully the little "rot" that set in has now ended. I thought the committment was 'spot on' even if some of the ref's decisions weren't!<P>Here's to moving in the right direction again!<P>Newmarket here I come!!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I am getting fed up with the snide comments directed at us who chose to move on. I repect your decision to stay - respect mine to go. 40 years was a bloody long time to support the E's and if it was not for Lazarou I would still be there. Things have changed and I would not come back now whatever. Football is fun again. Surely the fact that so many people turn up to Brimsdown on a wet wednesday shows that people want a club in Enfield run and supported by people who care. This is not another snide comment but if the two sides in Wood merge (as I hear from Wood sources as well as EFC sources) is likely then TL will have shown again his feelings. It will all probably be our fault however

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Well said Tiger Tim if 518 fans turned up on a wet night at Brimsdown with very little cover to watch Enfield Town and 89 turned up at the wood to watch Enfield in the dry and comfort of covered stands i think that just goes to show who the people of Enfield regard as there premier non league club now i rest my case, also out of the 89 at the wood at least 45 were Hitchin fans out of the 518 at brimsdown only 12 were Leyton fans.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by <Colin>:<BR><STRONG>Well said Tiger Tim if 518 fans turned up on a wet night at Brimsdown with very little cover to watch Enfield Town and 89 turned up at the wood to watch Enfield in the dry and comfort of covered stands i think that just goes to show who the people of Enfield regard as there premier non league club now i rest my case, also out of the 89 at the wood at least 45 were Hitchin fans out of the 518 at brimsdown only 12 were Leyton fans.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>On Tuesday, there was a major accident on the M25 and live football on the box which would have contributed to a lower than usual crowd. <P>But out of the (518-12=) 506 you don't state how many were NON ET supporters. You must remember that a lot of people turned up for the novelty value. Respond again in a few months when the novelty has worn off and you're not doing so well on the dodgy pitches. Then we'll know the true extent of the support. BTW There were no other matches on TV on Wednesday, where there? images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I accept your comment about novelty value - 516 is still a showing of attitudes. Your comments about the M25 and live footie do you know credit however. Live footie on the box? ITV Sport - which has 80,000 subscribers nationally! (Daily Telegraph). EFC's gate has only beenaround 102 ish for all home games so the M25 cost you 13 fans.<BR>I find it sad what has happened to EFC - and I peed off disillusioned well before ETFC came in to being. After well over 40 years of committment that was <B>solid</B>.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
As gateman over at Brimsdown i can confirm that there were a few old fans who have not been to a game since that *rick of a chairman sold the ground who were just waiting to see the town back in the borough and will now keep coming as i said before the Town fans are not coming back to the wood, you go and mix with the other 50 odd laz supporters and i will speak again in a couple of months when GG has left and you are up *hit street and the Town are still pulling home gates of 400/500.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
So just because I go and watch EFC I am A Laz supporter, I resent that I won't go on about how long i've supported thm from or bore you with how far I come for home games ( it is a darn sight further than Enfield to Borehamwood) The players are doing a good job and I support the club not the chairman.

offline Freebird

Freebird
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
What do the local residents think, over 500 people at Brimo on a night match must cause some parking trouble around the area.<P>It would be interesting to find out if they have changed their point of view as they were against that sort of situation in the past

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
The local residents are as good as gold infact after our last game we were clearing up the litter when a local resident whose garden backs onto the pitch at brimsdown came over and asked why we were clearing up the area when we explained she said ok then i will make sure the children keep out of the covered area from now on,also parking is not an issue at all as part of the downs is used for parking and there are stewards watching over the car park at all times, the local residents have said how profesional the stewarding, car parking,etc is being carried out on match days hope that puts your mind at rest but thanks for the concern anyway god knows what would have happened if tony laz was in charge probably had flats built on it by now and thats why the locals were so dead against a property dealer taking over there club.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
So Mr Shirley 516 people went to Brimsdown because there was nothing on TV. How pathetic. Face up to the fact ETFC have more supporters then EFC its a fact. 103 or less fans at home in September should dwindle to 60 or less when winter sets in. Bearing in mind we have 150 season ticket olders im afraid that we can't go below this. <BR>I am not trying to score points i do not want EFC to go out ot business, they have given me too much pleasure in the past. But that pleasure stopped when the ground was sold and Jim was sacked/resigned. <P>PS Ask Mr Laz how the merger plans are going.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
"...and Jim was sacked/resigned". Hmm... very telling. 'Loyalty' runs in the family does it or is it more sinister than that? Chairman and ESPECIALLY managers come and go but you don't start a new club because of it. It's a fact of football life.<P>I bet you were probably one of the first shouting for Jim's head the previous season when he was lucky to avoid relegation!

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
You are indeed correct, Chairman and managers do come and go, it's all part of football life. However, for you to imply that ETFC was formed purely because of Jim's dismissal last season is, quite simply, crass, and shows that you have no idea of what has been going on at EFC over the past five seasons. The Keep The E's in Enfield campaign (the forerunner to the Trust), started before EFC left Southbury Road and had nothing at all to do with whoever the manager was at the time (Gary Calder). What has happened since is all down to one man's greed. I'll leave it to you to work out who it is.<BR>Regards<BR> images/icons/grin.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Mr Shirley - so "Chairmen come and go"? Lazarou certainly came, but the problem is: he hasn't gone yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus