Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 13-December 17 )

• Photo
    hairbear

• Photo
    Ramschav

• Photo
    Hitby

Photo

A 13 to Canvey Island

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
20 replies to this topic

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
Just to bring it to everyones attention, if you are planning to travel away to canvey on the 17th, the A13 at Pitsea flyover is and will remain down to one lane, this is causing major traffic delays, aprox 1 hour from the dart bridge this is how long its taking coleagues from work to get home. It is not worth trying the A127 as reports are it is even worse. So its best check before we leave.

As there will be thousands of us crossing the thames into bandit country it is sure to add to the delays........

offline Student Scum

Student Scum
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Alternatively...and I do realise this is only for the clinically insane, you could choose to hop on the Gravesend Ferry, walk over to Tilbury Town and then catch a train to Benfleet (about two miles from the ground?)

Some train times...erm, if anyone's even vaguely interested....so that's a no....ok.... I'll get me coat!

offline Jimmy

Jimmy
  • First XI - Permanent
  • rank
You could sail there I suppose.
Alternatively why not stay overnight, contact Jeff for more caravan deals.

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Quote:
Student Scum said:
and then catch a train to Benfleet (about two miles from the ground?)

That "two miles" cost £10 in a taxi last time we played there.

offline Andrewc

Andrewc
Or perhaps charter the 'Princess Pocohontas'.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
lucky its the school hols and the traffic will be marinally lighter..
best bet is to turn off at the junction before n get on the 127.. or maybe even the junction before that .. or just stay on the m25 up to the 127.. there are two ways to canvey from the 127 the first is the a130 which is straightforward enough or you can carry on to the next junction (rayleigh weir) and cut through benfleet, less traffic that way but bring a map

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
things go from bad to worse on the traffic front.. one of the 2 main roads on the island is being shut for 4 weeks.. its not the road you will be taking to the ground but the knock on effect will be pretty horrible
uh oh
you will be heading down the B1014 to leigh beck.. the roadworks are where that white square is.. i was planning on going straight from work, think ill go home n get my push bike now and cycle from the station

offline Gordon T

Gordon T
  • First XI - Sub
How long is it gonna take to get there then?

offline Red Neck

Red Neck
  • Reserves Coach
Normal travelling time from North Kent is about 45 mins. So, if roadworks/congestion are going to be as bad as reported, add an hour. This should give you enough time to queue up and get into the ground.

offline Jimmy

Jimmy
  • First XI - Permanent
  • rank
Or stay the night there on Monday, I'm sure Jeff will give you a good deal on a super divan deluxe super pikey caravan.

In all seriousness I am leaving my house at 5.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
What a load of old tosh. It took me one hour twenty minutes to travel from Pitsea to Lewes this week.

I travel into London and back everyday, add 10 mins to your journey at that time of night.

Alternativly follow A13 take Basildon turn off, second exit on roundabout signposted Vange follow road all the way into Pitsea. If slip road is clear rejoin A13 signposted Southend.
Canvey is signposted.

If traffic is heavy follow road straight up you will eventually come to junction of A13 A130 follow signs straight to Canvey. (basiclly turn right at magic roundabout).

It is not hard I promise, how many are you brining.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
you cant send em down the 'old a13' anything could happen!

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
How about most of us give it a miss , as any more than about 200 and the rest of us wont be able to get in any way.

offline EUFC FAN

EUFC FAN
I am thinking about going to the Canvey game, but then again I have just bought a new car that has 17" alloy wheels which I would rather like to keep!

offline Hirsty

Hirsty
  • First XI - Permanent
So...what's the word then ? I shall be leaving work about 6/6.30 ish...which is Crossways, by the tunnel. Have I got a reasonable chance of making in before kick off ???.....will I get a beer in ?

Cheers,

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I will be leaving London at 6.00 and I will have time for a beer before kick off.

The traffic is not that bad, honest

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
i will be leaving london at 3.00 and will hopefully have time for lots of beer before kick off

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
Make sure you top your self up fully before, as at the kick off you will get no more....

offline mikefleet

mikefleet
  • First XI - Permanent
would anyone like to give me a lift please as i can't get there. I will pay for my half of the petrol.

offline UP FLEET

UP FLEET
  • First XI - Sub
i would do but i work in essex and am going straight from work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus