Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-October 17 )

• Photo
    Canary Saint

• Photo
    GNFC til i die

• Photo
    Town Statto

• Photo
    Don Douglas

• Photo
    UpTheBulls

• Photo
    lecof

• Photo
    davelfc

• Photo
    hilson

• Photo
    davidace23

• Photo
    Dave EUFC

• Photo
    RicharDinGlasgoW94

• Photo
    wakeling

• Photo
    non league fan

Photo

Testing away game.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
5 replies to this topic

offline Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock
  • Reserves
I know we have had experience of travelling to away games outside the South East corner, due to successful FA Cup campaigns, but I would have thought it may have been worthwhile to the club (both playing staff and background staff) to have taken one of our pre-season away friendly fixtures a bit further afield.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
why?

offline Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock
  • Reserves
Ken,
have a stab at why it may be useful.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
the coach driver needs the practise.

its not like the team need to get used to the traveling, they all have traveled distances before and its not something you are going to get used to.

ahh traveled all the way to carisle, good job i went to manchester last week or i will be knackered

offline Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock
  • Reserves
Well Ken, if you feel that the only the Coach Driver may benefit, you show a lack of knowledge of the Professional game, which is basically what Canvey will be up against from now on. The away fixtures at this level and with the distances involved take their toll and need to be approached quite differently to the easy 2 hour drive that life in the Ryman involved. This season will be a big learning curve for the Gulls - for the players, management and even the admin staff.

I wish you well.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
if the away travel is so tiring why on earth would we do it before the season starts and what about the facts that we have traveled in the past (not as often but we have still traveled and then played) and done fine. most of our player dont live on canvey or surrounding areas so surely them driving to the ground would be tiring (not as tiring but it must take its tole as they have to drive rather than sit on a coach) and finally most of our players have played at higher levels and had to cope with national travel before sot here really would be no point in practicing it as all it would do is cost more money and deprive fans from seeing their team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus